issue no. 103
If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/style.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Style Scoop: Summer Style Must-Haves
June brings graduations for students of all levels (although I maintain that caps and gowns and “Pomp and Circumstance” for preschoolers is just ridiculous). Aside from an opportunity to wear a darling cotton shift and wedges and sit in the sun for two hours waiting to hear one name called, graduation is proof that you actually have increased your intelligence.
In the spirit of the end of the school year, I thought it would be interesting to see what you ladies have gleaned from my expert tutelage in the nascent Spring/Summer ’10 sartorial season. Sharpened #2 pencils ready? Begin.
- You’ve been invited to a neighborhood barbeque on a Saturday evening. Children are included. The appropriate outfit is:
- Sweet floral romper and wedges
- White denim cut-off shorts and a silky trapeze tank
- A bright print maxi sundress and classic flat thongs
- All of the above
- None of the above
- The best accompaniment for this season’s rolled-leg boyfriend chinos is:
- A baggy boyfriend sweater
- An embellished t-shirt
- A faux-aged concert tee
- An oversized plaid shirt
- FitFlops : Skechers Tone-Ups ::
- Target : Wal-Mart
- Simply Vera : Miley & Max
- Yacht racing : Drag racing
- Vogue : Cosmo
- The trendy Spring/Summer outfit appropriate for a business environment is:
- Long dress, a cardi and gladiators
- Linen crops, a sleeveless blouse and wedges
- Striped skirt, simple shell, nipped blazer with rolled-up sleeves and ballet flats
- Walking shorts, matching jacket, bright sling-backs, straw tote
- A woman leaves her house wearing an embellished shift dress and high-heeled sandals heading east to a dinner party at 7:15pm. Her best friend leaves her house at 7:25 heading north to the same dinner party wearing the same outfit but carrying a different clutch purse. At what time will the two meet and reverse direction to go home to change?
- You are meeting your new beau’s parents for Sunday brunch at a downtown restaurant, and want to look classic, not flashy, demure but chic. Your best outfit choice is:
- White cropped jeans, bright wedges, and a fitted tunic
- Awesome print sundress, a soft pale hobo and metallic sandals.
- Slub-cotton drape-neck tee, pleated soft shorts, ankle-wrap espadrilles
- Navy-and-white striped ¾-sleeve tee and wide linen trousers
- Any of the above
- The best way to help your BFF incorporate S/S ’10 into her wedding-party outfits is to put the bridesmaids in:
- Floor-length matching buff chiffon with shoulder wraps and dyed pumps
- Pink watered taffeta strapless long sheaths with lime-green monograms (I am not making this up)
- Abstract water-color silk dresses
- Each girl’s choice of cut in one simple color and fabric
- You’re looking for a go-to bag for the summer season. Your best bet:
- Black leather: it’s seasonless, and the tassels and extra zips really scream “2010”
- Darling straw with grosgrain ribbon trim
- Leather in a summery bright color
- Soft slouchy canvas or leather in a pale neutral like dove or buff
Pencils down, ladies! Ahem:
- D, but ONLY if you have very long legs and are under age 30. Otherwise, give the romper a pass – it’s a flash in the pan, and Flickr is forever.
- B. Remembering our extensive discussions on proportion, you can’t carry loose trousers on your bottom half and a baggy top as well; you need some slim-fitting contrast. B or C is appropriate, depending on your plans for the day (i.e., the concert tee probably won’t fly in as many locations as the decorated tee in a delicate pastel).
- All of the above. Choose wisely, Grasshopper.
- C. The combination of tailored and feminine walks the line between trendy and traditional that’s required of a business-y office. Outfit D was close, but the straw bag was way off-base. (But you knew that, right?)
- Ha HA! Trick question. Because they’re BFFs, they wouldn’t both go home and change; they’d take the opportunity to buy the girl with the different clutch a new dress, stop off for a makeup job at the MAC counter, and show up thirty minutes late.
- E. Any of those outfits would be sleek enough to impress the beau, but presentable enough to show the parents that you’re a girl he can take home to mom. (AND cute enough that bumping into the ex on the way out of the restaurant will make him jealous.)
- While C would be the so-chic-and-trendy choice, do you reeeeeeally want to see those photos in thirty years and try to explain that wild print? Remember, our moms had harvest gold or avocado wedding parties of ten with matching elbow-length gloves… this is the time to go classic and choose the dress that flatters the figure of each ‘maid, in one color or a range of harmonious shades. Chic and fashion-savvy without being fashion-victim. (And for Coco’s sake, skip the matching shoes. Kitten-heel sandals and a fresh pedi will do the trick.)
- D. Again, while the It bag may have bells, whistles, studs and zippers galore, black leather is too heavy for summer. The bright-colored leather can work, but you need to commit to having coordinating outfits, and that’s pretty limiting, especially in a season of neutrals, safari colors and pales. The straw-with-grosgrain is very summery, but so distinctive and casual that it’s pretty limited in its usefulness. The soft hobo may be too slouchy for the most formal looks, but can go from commuting to cocktailing and coordinate with almost anything you wear. If you’re wise about choosing a quality-made purse, this shape is classic enough to carry over to S/S ’11 without a hitch.
Enough already! Count your correct answers, give yourself a gold star for each one, and buy one cute clothing item or accessory for each star. And check yourself in the mirror on the way out the door: see? A-plus! Go to the head of the class. You graduate!
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me's Favorite Things
Check out the latest finds for Dad's and Grad's!
Stars like Mario Lopez and Kelly Ruthaford and Trista Stutter love Chic Canvas’ gallery quality canvases! Make Father’s Day special this year by commemorating all of your precious memories with beautiful Art.
ChicCanvas.com offers customers the ability to upload any photo and have it re-printed onto canvas in about a week.
Prices start at $89.00
20% off all orders at chiccanvas.com
Simply enter code: shesheme
Expires: June 19
*Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts
Erin Condren is excited to announce her men’s line in time for Father’s Day! Just like her traditional line- men will now have their very own personalized notepads and note cards.
$38 pack of 20 note cards/envelopes/return address. Star fans include Katie Cassady, Tori Spelling, Jenna Elfman and Brooke Burke.
($58 for colorpress giclee)
Power Support USA
Power Support USA’s iPhone, iPod and iPad cases make the perfect gift for the dad who loves gadgets! There is one for every dad- surfers, sports fans, business dads... They have it all! And for a great price- most are under $50!
To view all Power Support USA products visit: http://www.powersupportusa.com/
Are you looking for a truly unique and fun Father's Day or Graduation gift for your sporting man? How about a pair of custom boardshorts, designed specifically with your man in mind? Shortomatic allows you to COMPLETELY customize boardshorts with your own photo, color palette and design artwork…all starting at $99! SUCH a great gift idea! So design a pair today, or choose from our wide selection of unique designs and styles.
Avalon Organics Lavender Renewal
Summer is finally here! And after waiting for long sunny days all winter, it’s time to get out there and ENJOY IT! But if long summer days have you feeling exhausted and overspent, take these tips from Avalon Organics and Alba Botanica. A refreshed, relaxed complexion is yours for the taking!
Complete replenishment and renewal with our skin-smoothing lipo-filling complex in our Lavender Ultimate Moisture Cream
. Made with organic lavender, licorice root, white tea, evening primrose oil and other calming non-irritating ingredients. Ultimate lavender moisture cream
||If the warm summer weather has you walking to work instead of taking the train or enjoying your lunch outside—you need to protect your skin! Avalon Organics Lavender Renewal & Vitality Moisture Plus Lotion with SPF 18 provides daily broad-spectrum UVA and UVB SPF 18 sun protection with Vitamins C and E for defense against free radicals.
Bye bye puffy eyes! Brighten, hydrate and soothe the delicate eye area for firmer, revitalized, more radiant looking eyes. The Peptide Complex and Hyaluronic Acid in Avalon Organics Lavender Renewal & Vitality Revitalizing Eye Gel reduce the appearance of lines, puffiness and dark circles, as organic Lavender and Licorice Root help calm the skin
|| Made with organic Lavender, Licorice Root, White Tea, Arnica and other calming non-irritating ingredients for reactive complexions, Avalon Organics Lavender Hydrating Toner prepares the skin for optimal moisturizing. Restores the skin's delicate equilibrium while delivering essential hydration. The soothing protection of Licorice Root, organic Lavender, Green Tea, White Tea and Vitamin C antioxidants prepare the skin for deep moisturization.
SKIN CARE RX
This year, get the hard-working man in your life something he will really be able to use. As elusive as the Holy Grail, finding the “perfect” gift for Father’s Day can be an epic undertaking.
Ease the burden by checking out our list of everything from skin care to shaving needs, and save 15% by entering FATHER15 at checkout. Remember to order by June 10 (standard shipping) or by June 17 (expedited shipping) to receive your gifts on time.
Celebrate Father's Day at SkinCareRx and Save 15% on Your Order! Use Code: FATHER15
GIVE AND TAKE for Father's Day
Father’s Day is coming up…what are you going to get for the man of the house? Why not give him something that you know he will wear – a comfy, worn-in, vintage-inspired t-shirt, but one that also gives back to the community? It is like giving two gifts in one. GIVE AND TAKE is a charity t-shirt line that has collaborated with many different charity organizations, from the National Alliance to End Homelessness to USA for Africa, Amnesty International, Autism Speaks and many, many more. Not only are these tees for a good cause – they are super cool too. Many celebrity dads rock these tees like Ben Affleck and Liam Neeson! GIVE AND TAKE tees retail for $44 on http://www.giveandtaketees.com/.
GIVE AND TAKE vintage-inspired graphic tees show the world it is "cool to care" by allowing you to fashionably wear your heart on your chest, not just your sleeve. Founded and designed by Shea Mullen, also of Good Chemistry Design and CoCo's Cupcake Café, the tees are printed on 100 percent custom dyed and aged cotton shirts and were each inspired and named after a different person in Mullen's life. National vendors including Barney's, Kitson, Scoop, Fred Segal, Urban Outfitters, Shop Intuition, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdale’s have picked up Mullen's message, and they have already began to sell out as a "must have" item. GIVE AND TAKE includes men's and women's shirts that retail starting at $42. http://www.giveandtaketees.com
Yak Pak for Father's Day
They say women are impossible to shop for, but we all know that men are truly the ones that put everyone in a present-purchasing predicament! So for those shopping for a man with troublesome tastes this Father’s Day, Yak Pak has a few suggestions:
- For the work-out warrior Dad, the Taylor Duffle can be used as the ultimate gym bag or can be great for just simply hauling his everyday wares around! With an adjustable shoulder strap, as well as traditional handles, the Taylor Duffle is easy to carry from point A to B.
- For the eco-conscious Dad, our Billboard Bag Collection is just the answer! Made from upcycled billboards, these wallets, messenger bags and backpacks are not only one-of-a-kind masterpieces, but are also nearly indestructible, allowing every item to come with a lifetime warranty.
- For the tech-savvy Dad, we have an array of Laptop Sleeves. Design in two different materials, the laptop sleeves made from high density, impact resistant EVA foam come in both a 15.6” and 10.2” size. Also registering in at 10.2” is our sleek, neoprene netbook case, which can cushion any computer-carrying mishaps.
- And for the Dad that just seems to always have his hands full, our Student Messenger can provide him with all of the space and organization he needs. For the brand new daddies, this bag can also serve as a stylish diaper bag in disguise!
This year, fathers are in luck as we will begin debuting our 26 new patterns around this same time, leading up to the fall season!
DL1961 Stella Shorts
It's time to enjoy the perfect summer weather in the perfect pair of summer denim shorts! Check out these fantastic denim shorts from DL1961. DL1961 crafts their jeans from a patented XFIT technology fabric that adapts to your unique body shape to give custom fit and comfort. These 4-Way Stretch Denim shorts will not sag, bag, or lose shape.
Snap up a pair today, just in time for your 4th of July festivities!
Zia Natural SkinCare
Bamboo Exfoliant is a facial scrub that renews and restores skin's radiance as it gently removes dead surface cells without over drying or damaging skin. It contains a unique blend of Bamboo Powder to exfoliate skin, while Soybean Oil, Rice Bran and Yucca Extract help to soothe and hydrate skin. Your skin will feel soft and refreshed, and it's safe enough to use everyday.
Herbal Moisture Gel is a hydrating gel that helps hold moisture without adding oil. Gotu Kola and other natural botanicals promote rapid healing of blemishes while protecting against pollutants and bacteria. Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract is clinically proven to reduce surface shine by 55%.
Skagen Denmark has great gift ideas for Dads and Grads this season! With an amazing selection of watches for every occasion, as well as a fantastic array of spectacular sunglasses you're sure to find the perfect gift.
Check out the She She Events and Featured Products page to see what
the chic and stylish fashionistas are doing in your city!
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog!
This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the
hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls
are encouraged and welcomed!