If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/lifestyle.htm Please remember to add email@example.com to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
She She Me Sponsor: eLUXURY.COM
Best of Spring: Fashion, Accessories & Beauty
I've been playing hooky from the office (albeit with the full knowledge and support of my very stylish mentor/boss, who is currently traveling on business in Milan. Or is it Morocco? Maybe Martinique. Anyhoo, somewhere chic, fabulous and "M".) Therefore, I have a tad more flexibility as pertains to my daily work whereabouts. My current office-of-choice is the cute little bistro around the corner from where I live. Great food, great ambiance, really great hot cocoa (they have a secret ingredient which I am still trying to discover—I think it's nutmeg. Or Nutella.) and best of all, they let me hang out at a window table with my laptop for as long as I want! Niko, the proprietor, says that I add a touch of éclat to the joint. (Which is one of the reasons I usually debut my latest wardrobe acquisitions there, and never show up in sweats, even if they are plush and logo'd.) But I digress.
My favorite part about working from my little corner office is the continuous people parade occurring just outside my window. I love watching the chic executives in their gorgeous spring coats and fabulous footwear, carrying über-chic designer handbags as they flag down cabs at the corner. Or the up-and-coming fashionistas mixing it up with the hottest contemporary styles, latest platform peeptoes and a classic Dior (a timeless handbag is always a good investment.) Even school girls in their school uniforms take what opportunity they can to spice things up with leggings, a scarf tied around a ponytail, a funky charm bracelet and fun little tote bag. And, of course, there is the occasional "What was she thinking?" moment: low-rise jeans worn a little too tight and the dreaded "muffin-top" bulge (even worse when paired with a midriff baring top!) Or the mini skirt and babydoll top on the woman well into her second half-century on the planet. Plenty of Glamour Don't moments to be had. Which happens to be my greatest fear: opening the latest Glamour's Big Book of Do's and Dont's and seeing myself in one of my False Sense of Cuteness moments with a big black bar across my face. Yikes!
Anyhoo, I'm having so much fun here that I must share some of my Best of Spring sightings from the corner office at the bistro, as well as some of my favorite new beauty discoveries and fun indulgences:
Spring Fashion Indulgences/Necessities:
- Sassy slipdress. The perfect thing about slipdresses is that you can wear them any time! Now (while the weather is still iffy), with a cardigan, leggings and T-straps; in breezy May with a cute little tissue tee underneath and chic flats; and even on those hot August nights with your sassy platforms.
- Lacy top. Very ladylike worn over a silky cami. Or go a little edgy under a leather jacket with a really awesome pair of jeans.
- Knee length full skirt in a bold print. The key here, dearest girls, is the length. Keep it at or near the knee. Calf length looks frumpy, too high above the knee looks childish.
- Perfect spring/summer trousers. I've been searching high and low for the perfect pair and this is it for me! Dress them up, dress them down, these are ideal for every occasion.
- Layering tanks. Wider strapped or racer back tank underneath, skinny or slinky cami on top. Wear them with wideleg trousers and the look is both effortless and elegant.
- Ladylike vintage style shift dress. So elegant, so chic, so timeless.
Spring Beauty Indulgences/Necessities:
- Decléor 10-Day Radiance Powder Cure. This intensive ten day treatment targets skin with Vitamin C to help even out skin tone and promote a radiant complexion.
- A fabulous way to refresh and replenish your skin is Decléor Source d´Éclat Radiance Revealing Peel Off Mask.
- Exfoliate your tootsies in preparation for your pedicure: Orly Chai Fix Scrub. Makes a great all-over exfoliator.
- Orly's newest shades for spring, the
Divorcée collection. Disclaimer: married girls can wear them too! Get the cute little Six-Pix for a mini bottle of all six shades.
- Being obsessed with Fashion Week and all things fashion oriented, I am in love with Bryant Park, the newest fragrance from Bond No. 9. Added bonus: the gorgeous art deco bottle adds just the right touch of posh to my dressing table!
- Sunscreen Wipes. I like to keep a packet in the car because I often get stuck in traffic and those car windows are no protection against UVA rays! Just swipe on the sunscreen and you are good to go!
Spring Accessory Indulgences/Necessities:
- Leather satchel. Roomy enough for all of your girly necessities; polished metal accents and removable chain shoulder strap give it a touch of sophistication.
- Ruffled espadrilles. Perfect for skirts and sundresses. And crops and capris!
- Wood platform sandals. This season's must-have heel. Perfect for sassy sundresses or casually worn with slouchy trousers.
- Extra-long necklace. Can be worn long or looped double or even wrapped around the wrist as an impromptu bracelet.
- Patent flats. Sleek and classic; every girl should have a pair or three.
- Beach-y scented candle. The minute you light this little baby you will be immediately transported to the land of island breezes (luckily you still have eight or nine weeks till the official start of swimsuit season!).
- Kicky slingback sandals. Am in love with this luscious lemon yellow. Will look ab fab with a sunny sundress.
DVD's to Indulge in:
- The Holiday. Total chic film, which I absolutely loved. Kate Winslet is fabulous. She can portray pathetic and frumpy then spin it off into gorgeous and glam with dead-on accuracy. Cameron Diaz is at her goofy, gorgeous best. Add Jude Law (handsome) and Jack Black (always hilarious) and you have a winner.
- The Prestige. Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. In the same movie. Need I say more?
- Children of Men. I loved this film because of its portrayal of strong female characters. Julianne Moore's brief but pivotal performance as the leader of the underground group is stunning, as is that of Clare-Hope Ashitey as Kee, who represents the only sign of hope in the film. A very powerful and thought provoking film.
The eLUXURY.com Spring 2007 Online Catalog has arrived!
Presenting the much-anticipated Spring 2007 Catalog, the definitive guide to all things chic and fabulous! Browse through over 50 luscious pages filled with the items you've been coveting since their runway debut. Our latest catalog features ready-to-wear, handbags, shoes, and accessories from fashion legends and rising stars. Must-have designer collections include Marc Jacobs, Peter Som, Dior, Fendi, Jean Paul Gaultier, and more. In the contemporary world, styles from James Perse, Just Cavalli, Nanette Lepore, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Juicy Couture can be found. And joining these well-seasoned favorites are our newest names, Zac Posen, L.A.M.B., Isabella Fiore, KORS Michael Kors, MICHAEL Michael Kors, and Giuseppe Zanotti Design. In celebration of the catalog launch, eLUXURY.com is offering free standard shipping on all orders until March 27th with no minimum purchase! Simply enter the promotional code MODE at checkout.
The traffic-stopping Patchwork Stam handbag from Marc Jacobs boasts lady-like charm with a kick of modern panache, making this quilted leather tote one you can treasure for years to come.
The hottest brand to emerge from the socially-conscious movement is Edun. The sleek Sylph Skinny Jean is not only the perfect pant to wear through lovely spring days, but transitions effortlessly into the evening hours with the addition of a pair of heels.
Derek Lam displays his mastery of the crisp, clean, yet girly silhouette in the Patchwork Stripe Silk Dress. With a lace-up front and tonal mélange of fabrics, this is the ideal piece for a mid-day wedding or social event.