If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/lifestyle.htm Please remember to add email@example.com to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Sponsored by 2Umbrellas and Barefoot Tess
Fall Fashion & Fun Guide
Was beyond excited when the temperature dipped down into the genuinely frosty digits yesterday because I finally had the opportunity to wear the gorgeous sweater dress that I had snapped up a couple of weeks ago. Was going to do the whole sweater-dress-over-skinny-jeans thing (which would also give me the chance to wear my new chic-beyond-belief suede wedges), so imagine my distress when I found that the top button on my jeans would not go through the buttonhole! Was the buttonhole sewn shut? No… Was the button too big for said buttonhole? No… Somehow—in the time since I last wore them and yesterday morning—those jeans seem to have shrunk an entire size! Don't you just hate it when that happens. Not to worry; will just replace skinny jeans with leggings, add a bit of sparkle and I am good to go. (Bonus! Can still wear über-chic boots too!) Problem solved. I am, however, going to have a little talk with my dry cleaner. This sudden shrinkage thing seems to be happening just a bit too often lately. Couldn't wear new trouser suit to chic corporate luncheon because of related unable-to-zip-zipper problem. And had a nearly-flashed-the-whole-office episode earlier this week when I sneezed, popped the button on the waistband of my pencil skirt and the whole thing headed south! Come to think of it, that skirt was brand new. Hmm, better rethink the whole evil dry cleaners scenario…
Anyhoo, I'm not a girl to dwell on unpleasantness, but I just have to say that I don't understand the whole holidays-are-stressful thing everyone has going on. What's with stressful? According to all of the holiday lyrics it's the most wonderful time of the year, not to mention the season to be jolly! Snow gently falling, chestnuts roasting, carols playing and really gorgeous warm and stylish coats - where's the stress in that? So this year I've decided to embrace the holidays and all they entail. First, the shopping (de-stress tip: shop online! No crowds, no lines, great gift ideas, fantastic selections, and many shops offer free gift wrapping and free shipping during the holidays—keep your eyes peeled for online coupons!). Next, the oodles of yummy goodies and the festive parties (even the ever dreaded office party) and time with the family. My advice for the season: just go with it baby! Do what you can do, say no to what you don't want to do and give guilt the season off.
In years past I have become so stressed during the holidays that the entire season has passed in a complete blur and all I have to show for it is an extra ten pounds. I tend to obsess over the perfect office party ensemble, and whether my shoes walk the fine line between classy and trashy. I also worry about the whole gift giving/receiving scenario. What to give to co-workers (gourmet goodies and home fragrance, fabulous tunes and entertainment—all good options which strike the right balance between personal and professional) and what to give to my boss (what do you give the world's most chic woman who has already has everything?) Also, what to give my mom (one of these years I am actually going to take her up on her oft expressed you-don't-need-to-get-me-anything-just-having-you-home-for-the-holidays-is-gift-enough, but knowing how much she loves a gaily wrapped package keeps me shopping), and my dad (bless his heart, if I have a total brain cloud and can't think of anything original, he will be thrilled with an assortment of gourmet nuts, to which he will exclaim, "Well, will you look at that. Nuts from a nut!" Then we will all laugh like we've never heard it before.) Not to mention what to get the man in my life. All potentially stressful decisions. So what's a girl to do to avoid holiday stress? Read on:
Holiday De-Stressification 101
- Get warm and comfy. Nothing stresses me out faster than being cold. I love these nifty little numbers by Jockey, which work double time as leggings and the fit is so light they are like a second skin! I positively live in my black pair! (She She Me trick: I also bought four pair in white and then dyed them! Charcoal, denim, brown and ecru! I am positively inspired!)
- Kneipp Herbal Bath Oil. So many choices! Each herbal bath treatment delivers its own special
therapeutic benefit to help you de-stress or boost your spirits, soothe sore muscles or sleeplessness and more, while restoring the skin to a soft, supple finish.
- Curl up with a stylish mug filled with fragrant and delicious gourmet cocoa. My absolute fave is the Aztec hot chocolate - sweet & spicy!. Oh, and the hazelnut chocolate. And the mocha chocolate. And the raspberry truffle…may as well get a gourmet assortment!
- Josh Groban…Jack Johnson…John Mayer…'Nuff said.
Gifts To Give Yourself This Holiday Season
The very best gift you can give yourself is the gift of time. That, and permission to do whatever you want with that time, so get comfy and indulge:
moisture-rich body and hand care
remedies from Crabtree & Evelyn, all tucked into a gorgeous hatbox. I have to admit that I actually bought this as a gift for someone else, but when it arrived it was so exquisite that I kept it!
- Spiffy new labels, perfect for those of us who tend to lend items to others, then forget to get them back! Never again will your best pal borrow your favorite fun new tee, wear it for three weeks, then forget who she borrowed it from! Or your new Le Creuset cassoulet dish. Or your nifty new Burberry-esque riding boots!
- An amazing pair of ballet flats. They are the absolute most IN item you can have this season! This is a definite pre-holiday purchase; trust me on this one girls. In fact, better snap up a couple of pair!
Must See Movies:
- For Your Consideration. Another fabu mockumentary by Christopher Guest. (That's Sir Christopher Guest girls!) Along the lines of his previous mock's—Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind—guaranteed to keep a smile on your face and a chuckle in your heart.
- Casino Royale—Yes girls, it's Bond - James Bond. Word on the street is Daniel Craig as James Bond is the best Bond since Sean Connery. Tough, gritty, a revisionist film going back to the roots of the Bond character. Plus, you'll totally get bonus points from your guy for suggesting it!
- Stranger Than Fiction. Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson, a very unlikely duo in a fabulously likable film!
- Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. If your sensibilities are easily shaken, this is not the film for you. It is extremely outrageous, contains tons of offensive material and is definitely not for the faint of heart. However, it is extremely funny!
Books to Curl Up With:
- Cyber Cinderella by Christina Hopkinson.
A woman Googles her own name and finds true love in the bargain in this intelligent, funny, and heartwarming debut novel.
- The Flamenco Academy by Sarah Bird. A moving tale involving a good girl, a bad girl, a smolderingly talented guitarist named
Tomás and the world of flamenco.
- With This Ring I'm Confused by
The third book in a popular series opens with Ashley Stockingdale finally finding that nice, good-looking guy who—gasp—actually wants to commit! Will she make it to the altar with her sanity intact?
Well, dearest girls, this should keep us happy and busy for the next several days! Happy shopping girly girls!
She She Me
P.S. Check out the new look of the She She Mall! Our latest, hottest items are front and center for your enjoyment and perusal! Guaranteed to inspire you to get that holiday shopping done!
We're going to go out on a limb here and assume that a few of you readers have a "thing" for shoes.
Enter Barefoot Tess, a high-end e-boutique offering only the most fashionable of footwear. The best of the best: Chie Mahara heels exude an elegance that's almost organic, Pajar furry boots (real or faux) are sure to keep you warm in even the furthest reaches of the Arctic Circle, and gorgeous ballet flats from Georgina Goodman and Delman, as well as Jeffrey Campbell and French Soles are the site's trademark.
The extensive range of prices and sizes (6-14) ensure there's truly something for everyone.
Sassy City Chicks Presents
SHE SHE MALL HAS A NEW LOOK!
You asked for it and we delivered! The She She Mall, where we now display hundreds of Hot Products from the 100 plus store listed in our Mall.