If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/lifestyle.htm Please remember to add email@example.com to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Sponsored by Pink Mascara and Stylish Bridal
How to Hit a Fashion Home Run
Was lingering over lunch with Girly (who's in town this week on business/looking for an apartment/trying to tell me how to dress like a true California girl) when the subject of baseball came up. Yep, baseball. I know, you are asking yourselves, "What are two extremely chic and stylish girls doing talking about baseball, when they really should be discussing who is going to tell Amanda that her bootcut jeans are meant to be worn over her boots (hence, the name bootcut) and not crammed into her boots with all the excess fabric bunched over the top—the dreaded boot-muffin-top! And is it true that the skinny jean trend was actually just a drive-by and is on its way out? Much to the annoyance of the twelve girls on earth who actually looked good in their skin-tight denim leggings and much to the joy of the rest of us who are looking forward to being able to breathe, eat and bend at the waist while wearing our jeans! Vive la Pants! Alas, just wishful thinking on my part—it seems the skinny on skinny jeans is they will still be around come spring. (However, if you just can't see yourself—or your gams —giving in to the trend, a chic pair of straight legs will do the trick quite nicely) But I digress.
Back to baseball. Never fear dear girls, all this baseball talk does not a sports fanatic make. Girly and I were merely commiserating the fact that our beaus were so wrapped up in "The Playoffs" and its subsequent spawn "The World Series" that we seem to have slipped down the ladder of importance in their lives, below nachos but just above clean socks. And we're not the only girls to find ourselves in this situation. Dearest Girly (a fairly-newlywed mind you) said that when she served her husband's favorite dinner, grilled salmon and risotto, while wearing a flirty little Nicole Miller slip dress and red hot Christian Louboutin heels, he merely kissed her cheek, then asked her to move a little to the left so she wasn't blocking the screen! What a dolt! Looks like big sis She She needs to go smack that boy upside the head! (Little brothers should never be allowed to get away with anything!)
Well, as the saying goes, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" No, not literally girls. I don't mean sit there on the couch and try to figure out who's on first. Since the guys are doing what makes them happy, you should too! Looks like a Girl's Night Out is in order. Quite possibly several nights out.
What to Shop For While The Boys Watch Baseball:
- Sweater dress. So many choices! Should I go with the traditional v-neck or perhaps the always flattering and sexy wrap front? One thing is certain, I definitely want cashmere! This deep v-neck is so versatile—dress it up with opaque tights and platforms, or be casual with skinny jeans and wedge knee boots. (Okay, I admit it, I do own a pair of skinny jeans!)
- Classic knit cardigan. Love this Ralph Lauren cable cardi—looks very chic with a wide belt. This chunky double breasted cashmere and wool sweater has an oversize collar that can be buttoned into a turtleneck for those freezing cold mornings. Also really love the shawl collar styles.
- Empire waist dress. This jersey by Sweetees is very of-the-moment and amazingly comfortable!
- Red hot pumps. So chic and sophisticated. Love the gorgeous suede, but am inexplicably drawn to highly gleaming patent leather. (Must be my inner tart beckoning.)
- Straight leg jeans. Not skinny, not bootcut. Good ole' straight legs. This pair by Notify has a butt curviness ranking from A (least) to C (most) for a truly awesome fit.
- Classic houndstooth skirt. Just love the black and white trend; always chic, always in style. Love the sophisticated feel of this sleek pencil skirt. For a more trendy look, this kilt style skirt is superb. Looks great with leggings and ankle boots.
- Tee shirt for a cause. This one is sooo chic (will be perfect for yoga class) and has the added bonus of 100% of the net proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research. 100% fantastic! Think I'll snap up the scarf too!
- Briefcase style handbag. These are very hot right now and a very stylish way to haul around the ole' laptop/glossy mags/techno goodies. And I've found the perfect bag - so chic, so stylish, so She She Me!
- Cashmere wrap. Possibly the most versatile accessory I have ever owned. So lightweight and yet so warm! Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced my favorite wrap so I am in the market for a new one.
- At-home slippers. Looking for something a little more stylish than your basic houseslipper. These are fabulous because they are not only comfortable, but stylish enough for a casual evening with friends! Love these gorgeous velvet scuffs!
What to See While The Boys Watch Baseball:
- The Prestige. Two words: Hugh and Christian. I would actually pay just to see these two hotties sit on a sofa reading the newspaper! However, since I just love anything about turn-of-the-century London I am sure to love this film. A guaranteed go-see.
- Marie Antoinette. Still not quite sure about the casting of this one, but am completely intrigued with the former French queen's life. Having checked out all the blogs after the pre-screening, I am even more intrigued to see the actual movie, if only for the costumes and hair. (Also, while the Spiderman movies were rather so-so, I absolutely loved Dunst in Drop Dead Gorgeous!)
- Running with Scissors. It's a limited release, but if it's on a screen near you GO! Alec Baldwin proves his comic genius once again (have you seen him on 30 Rock? - hilarious!) and the ensemble cast is fabulous.
- Flicka. I know, I know, it's supposed to be a kid's movie. But I love Tim McGraw and I love horses so I am going!
What to Read While The Boys Watch Baseball:
- How to Date in a Post-Dating World by Diane Mapes. This is a fab find whether you are in a relationship or not. They polled some of the best resources on earth for their facts: southern women and gay men!
A step-by-step road map for navigating today's romantic quicksand with humor, grace, and aplomb.
- Velvet Rope Diaries by Daniella Brodsky. A good curl-up-by-the-fire-with-a-cup-of-cocoa book. When the heroine, Anna, is given the job-of-a-lifetime critiquing the Big Apple's hottest new night spots, she has to figure out how to become an A-list girl in no time flat. Ah, the twist and turns of life on the velvet ropes!
- I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris. Beyond hilarious! This tongue-in-cheek guide to party planning is full of extremely helpful hints - like filling your medicine cabinet with marbles to "out" your nosey guests. Read it with a box of Kleenex!
Well, dearest girls, this should keep us happy and busy for the next several days! Happy shopping girly girls!
FREE CHIC CLIQUE MEMBERSHIP!
She She Me is happy to announce that the Chic Clique Club is going mainstream! That means that each and every one of you darling She She girls can join the Chic Clique for free! There is no catch, just scroll to the bottom of this newsletter and click on "Update Profile". Then just Check Off "Chic Clique Discount Shopping Club".
Exclusive for She She Me Subscribers. Your Free Chic Clique Membership will Include:
Private Offer Savings annual membership. Save up to 80% on your shopping. Monthly notification of private offers from over 100 stores. She She girls will be the first to learn about new offers at the
best prices. Private emails and savings from over 100 stores offer you special savings on the
best fashions, jewelry and beauty products on the web. Enjoy savings from Stores such as
Overstock, Macy's, Pink Mascara, Armani Exchange, Eddie Bauer, Forzieri, ShopDi.com, LAND'S END, drugstore.com, Boden, SmartBargains,
Bare Necessities, dELiA's, L'Occitane, SZUL, Liz Claiborne, ICE, Frederick's of Hollywood,
alle' Fine Jewelry, StrawberryNET, BOMBAY, babystyle.com,
KennethCole.com, 1-800-flowers.com, Coldwater Creek, Avon, Soft Surroundings,
Avenue You, Hotwire and many more.
she she me sponsor:
PinkMascara.com offers exceptional value from the hottest new designers around. The designers we choose to feature are available only in specialty stores, featured in top fashion magazines and are usually only known, at this time, to the people "in the know" about fashion.
This gorgeous tiered wool coat by Charlotte Ronson is perfect for fall's brisk weather and would look fantastic paired with these great leather boots - love the stacked heel!
Start the season with a great selection of sweaters. An elegant woven turtleneck by Rebecca Taylor, or perhaps this very chic cropped cable knit sweater - we have all the latest styles.
And speaking of styles, don't miss out on our fabulous selection of denim. From classic bootcut and cigarette leg, to trouser jeans, flares and even skirts!
Don't miss our fabulous fall sale! Save up to 75% off original prices.
she she me Sponsor:
Check out StylishBridal.com. Over 100 new gowns and accessories added! We would like to help you make your wedding day very special by offering you discounts up to 80% on Designer Quality Wedding Dresses, and relieve the stress of planning your wedding.
Planning a wedding on a budget? We can help with all your wedding wear needs, from bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses, petticoats, to all sorts of bridal accessories, including wedding veils, bridal tiaras, wedding dress preservation service and invitations all at wholesale prices.
Find out how to save $10,000 on your Wedding! Sign up for our FREE Newsletter today for exclusive insider's saving tips!
On Sale at Stylish Bridal!
Reduced to $249.00