If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/lifestyle.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Muses and Musings
Well, the gifts are all unwrapped, the Christmas tree has lost most of its needles, Aunt Helen's fruitcake is being used as a door stop and I am currently savoring the last slice of my chocolate orange (since I started stuffing my own stocking this tasty treat has replaced the traditional Floridian fruit as the toe-stuffer of choice). And while it is absolutely true that there is no place like home for the holidays (all sorts of homemade delicacies and tidbits, mom saying lovely things like, "Oh She She! You are a mere wisp of a girl, s-o-o-o thin!" then plying me with yummy goodies along with the assurance that all excess calories have been removed till the New Year), and while I had a fabulous time visiting friends and family, I must admit that I am glad to be back in my own little cottage. The hustle and bustle of holiday preparation has been replaced with a calm contentment (unless, of course, you are one of the unlucky hoard stuck in the infamous Return Line) and I find myself reflecting upon this past year with its ups and downs (read: bathroom scales), triumphs (new Frye hobo) and failures (had a pair of Sevens snatched right out of my hands just last week), gains and losses (read: bathroom scales), acquisitions (under the tree Christmas morning!) and sacrifices (hoping for any excuse this spring to snatch up hot new LV), and I am happy to report that I seem to have ended up on the plus side of the balance sheet of life. And while my jeans are currently a tad on the snug side, I am content with the way this year has played out.
She She Me's Highlights of 2005
- New job! Am still pinching myself over this one. Did I actually pack up and move thousands of miles away to pursue new career? Apparently so! And it seems to be going splendidly (got nifty new handbag as holiday bonus from uber-chic mentor/boss).
- New condo! Actually joined the ranks of middle America with my very first ever home purchase! A bit scary--mortgage, condo fees, home repairs--but oh-so-fun to decorate!
- Attended (as super-stylish Maid-of-Honor) my brother's fabulous destination wedding in sunny tropical Hawaii this past summer, acquiring wonderful new sister-in-law, Girly, in the process! Am totally in favor of all weddings being destination weddings. Wondering which of my friends will consider southern Spain as a nuptial locale?
- Acquired new friends! One of the bonuses of moving to a new city. Am also enjoying the increased wardrobe opportunities said friendships allow. Which reminds me, must call Pilar to finalize our New Year's Eve party ensemble coordination--wouldn't want to show up in the same color party dress! Hmmm, her beaded evening bag would look great with my lovely new frock.
- By faithfully following Shop Girl's directives, I have been able to avoid being a walking Fashion Don't for several weeks running (if you conveniently disregard the salt stains on my gorgeous satin cocktail pumps. In my defense, it wasn't snowing when I left (next time I will put plastic grocery bags over my feet while I run to the car).
- Finally found the perfect bra! Does wonders for cleavage acquisition and camouflages unwanted headlights.
It's been a fabulous year for me and I truly hope it's been fabulous for all you girly girls too! Here's to an even more ab fab 2006!
she she me Sponsor:
At figleaves.com you can enjoy shopping for fabulous lingerie and delectable delights in the comfort of your own boudoir.
Elle Macpherson looks divine lounging in her own lingerie line. Experience her elegant intimates and luxurious sleepwear for yourself.
Soft colors and delicate embroidery give this bra a vintage look - the perfect something blue for your wedding day or any day.
When Oprah decided to makeover her audience members with bras that fit, she suggested this Fantasie bra for full figure women. It's attractive and offers the right support.
Shop figleaves.com for top name brands at fabulous savings.
she she me Sponsor:
Finally, a place to find the best designer shoes at fantastic savings! And with winter weather wreaking havok on our tootsies it's time to bundle up in a great pair of boots.
A sleek and sexy knee-high will look great with your winter skirts.
A uniquely girly twist to the traditional western boot. This little number will have heads turning all across the room.
Stay toasty warm in this high fashion leather and shearling wedge. Lined in super snuggly shearling.
Spice up your ensemble with this red hot leather boot, complete with buckle accent.
And finally, the perfect boot for your elegant pantsuit.
Don't miss the Hot Products in the She She MALL. Mall Stores with Hot Hot Product Pages
(Click on "Store Name" to Go to Products Page)
allé Fine Jewelry - high quality jewelry
Avenue You - beauty & skin care
Avon.com - beauty & skin care
Beauty.com - beauty & skin care
Boden - women's apparel
Boscia - beauty & skin care
* C'est Bella - one-of-a-kind handmade handbags
Chic Shop (She She Me) - women's apparel, stationery, gifts
* couturecandy - designer women's apparel
* eLUXURY - designer apparel
*figleaves - lingerie & loungewear
Forzieri - footwear and handbags
* GirlTalkGifts.com - accessories
*GODIVA Chocolatier - gifts
GreatSkin.com - beauty & skin care
Hipundies - lingerie and loungewear
Inspired Silver - jewelry
JewelryLuv.com - jewelry
*Land's End - apparel
Layla Grayce - babies/kids
Layla Grayce - apparel
Layla Grayce - home decor
LaneyFineArt.com - arts
* Sephora.com - beauty & skin care
Shopbop - accessories
Shopbop - women's designer apparel
* SmartBargains - accessories
Sierratradingpost.com - men's
Simply Soles - designer footwear and online boutique
solestruck - footwear
* spafinder - beauty
StrawberryNet - beauty, cosmetic, fragrance
VelvetBox.com - jewelry