If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/lifestyle.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Sassy Summer Vacation Style
I must have been Italian in another life. I adore pasta, am obsessed with shoes and have always wanted to own a Vespa. Or perhaps I was a sultry Spaniard. I will walk a mile in strappy sandals for a good paella, used to trick-or-treat as a flamenco dancer and have an ongoing fantasy about living in a beach house on the Costa del Sol. Either way, I am quite sure that at some point I was European, because I wholeheartedly embrace the idea of taking the entire month of August off for a holiday. Nothing ever happens in August anyway because a) it's too hot to do anything but sit around in airy sundresses drinking iced beverages and b) everyone is too busy wishing they were European and had the whole month off. I suppose there is nothing standing in the way of my moving to Italy/Spain—apart from the fact that I speak not a recognizable word of either Italian or Spanish. And the tiny little detail of not being independently wealthy and/or having an exceedingly rich benefactor. Not to mention the thought of living without ketchup or Jif peanut butter. Or In-N-Out and drive-thru Krispy Kreme.
So, what's a twirty girl to do when she has a limited budget, a hankering for a languid Latin lifestyle and only a week of vacation time? This twirty girl turned to her dearest friends to whine, complain and commiserate. Turns out we were all in the same boat (apparently boredom and apathy love company as much as misery does). But, as usual, when stylish and chic girls get together they boost each other's spirits and come up with very clever ways to alleviate the ennui—in our case, a somewhat impromptu trip to a fabu resort on the Mayan Riviera! (Amazing, the deals you can find at the last minute!) Sun, sand and single boys! The perfect antidote for a girly girl's summer blahs, no? And now, to the most important part:
What to Wear on Vacation
- A girly sundress; an absolute must. Probably best to pack two—one for an afternoon of strolling through the shops (strappy flats are great here) and one for a night on the town (time to break out the serious kick-asterisk sandals).
- Chic and stylish capri pants. Pair these with a flirty feminine top and sandals worthy of a film star and this outfit can take you from day to evening in a flash.
- A fluttery skirt and skinny tee or cami. Add a fun pair of sandals and you are the picture of perfection for a day of sightseeing and you'll look über-stylish in all of your vacation photos!
- A short denim or twill skirt. (Not too short—no one wants to see France when you bend over to tie your shoes!) Top with a classic sleeveless polo and, for the tootsies, a comfy pair of eco-friendly canvas skimmers. Very preppy chic.
- Swimsuits! A gorgeous and sexy one-piece: this halter neck is perfect. Two bikinis, yes girls, two—possibly even three! A vacation at a seaside resort usually means that one will be spending vast quantities of time actually at the seaside. Like a good girly scout it's best to be prepared!
- Swim coverup. A long tunic is a great choice, as is a lightweight sundress. You'll also need a pair of flip-flops that can get you to the beach, the pool and back again.
- Walking shorts, funky tanks and camis. Great all around resort wear. The camis are especially great because they are so versatile and lightweight, can be worn under a sexy sheer blouse or layered over a tee.
- Accessories. This is what takes an ensemble from vanilla basic to very chic. Layered necklaces, chunky bracelets, ethnic earrings and colorful scarves. Try to mix and match to save packing space. Also, I just love to pick up jewelry, belts, handbags, and scarves as souvenirs of my little jaunts, so I often "forget" to bring these little items along. (Like I ever really need an excuse to shop for fun and funky accessories!)
- Sunscreen! Don't leave home (or your hotel room) without it. Go with a good, solid SPF45+. Even if you think you want to take home a tan as a souvenir of your sunny vacation, your skin will thank you if you keep it protected (and unwrinkled). That's why Mother Nature invented sunless tanners.
- A tote bag with plenty of room for beach goodies: beach towel, iPod, chic sunglasses, digital camera, fun beach read.
- A chic straw hat. Great for keeping the sun off your gorgeous face while lounging at the beach or lunching at the bistro.
Imodium. 'Nuff said.
Well dearest girls, I'm off to the sun! As I always say, "Happy girls are the prettiest girls" and the anticipation of this little getaway has me feeling so happy that I must, by all rights, be positively gorgeous!
Smile pretty and try not to break too many hearts!
She She Me
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
Tracy Porter is having A Delicious Summer Sale! Take an EXTRA 60% Everything ALREADY on SALE using code delicious60. Ends 7/19/10
LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics
Summertime is finally here , and that means trips to the beach, picnics in the park, and those lovely long summer days. The summer, free yourself from bugs, sunburn and other not-so-nice things Mother Nature has up her sleeve. Here at LUSH we love spending time outside, which is why we created outdoor essentials to pack in your basket.
Before sun exposure, apply Ultralight Moisturizer ($27.95). Rain or shine, this nourishing daily lotion will protect you from nature’s elements and recover skin from sun exposure. Mineral-rich seaweed moisturizes, aloe vera soothes, and olive and jojoba oils soften. Grease Lightning ($10.95) packs a blemish fighter and bug bite soother all in a convenient travel-friendly bottle. The witch hazel and antibacterial tea tree infusion creates an antiseptic that helps spots disappear with lightening speed!
Bring the beach to your picnic with the incredibly refreshing Breath Of Fresh Air Toner ($8.95 100ml, $18.95 250ml). Real sea water hydrates while nutritious seaweed absolute and aloe vera revitalize sun drenched skin. If your skin is scorched at the end of the day, give our best-selling Dream Cream Hand & Body Lotion ($24.95) a try. It contains oats, chamomile and softening rose water to soothe skin and olive oil to moisturize.
Hugo Naturals Free Product Give-Away
San Francisco, North Bay and East Bay Areas
WHO: Hugo Saavedra, founder of Hugo Naturals
WHAT: In-store appearance and samples to be given away by Hugo to consumers to test.
WHEN: July 16th through July 19th at 11:00am and 4:00pm
WHERE: Throughout California
- July 16th
11:00 - 2:00 Portrero Hill, 450 Rhode Island Street, San Francisco
4:00 - 7:00 Noe valley, 3950 24th Street, San Francisco
- July 17th
11:00 – 2:00 Franklin, 1765 California Ave., San Francisco
4:00 – 7:00 Blithedale, 731 East Blithedale Ave., Mill Valley
- July 18th
11:00 – 2:00 San Rafael, 340-3rd Street, San Rafael
4:00 – 7:00 Novato, 790 De Long Avenue, Novato
- July 19th
11:00 – 2:00 Walnut Creek, 1333 E. Newell Ave., Walnut Creek
4:00 – 7:00 San Ramon, 100 Sunset Blvd., San Ramon
WHY: In order to ensure consumers that Hugo Naturals meet Whole Foods’ new organic policy.
Shoppers seeking healthy, eco-friendly food products have no problem meeting their needs at local retailers. Unlike organic food, there are NO standards for organic beauty and personal care items. This can be confusing as well as frustrating for health conscious shoppers.
Hugo Natural products range from soaps, shampoos, lotions, candles and more, each of them contain the Whole Foods Premium Body Care Seal. Not only are the products good for your skin, but they contain natural ingredients good enough to eat!
Barely There Smart Sizes
Are you overwhelmed by too many choices when it comes to finding the perfect bra? Well, Barely There, one of the leading intimate apparel brands, announces the launch of Smart Sizes, a new bra sizing system that simplifies and streamlines the traditional bra sizing configuration from 16 sizes to just 5 sizes with innovative “shape to fit” technology.
“This new system will certainly simplify the lives and lingerie drawers of women everywhere,” says Tricia Bouras, director of marketing, Barely There. “With the ‘shape to fit’ technology of Smart Sizes, women can easily and quickly find the bra that fits, flatters and supports.”
Barely There has introduced Smart Sizes in its new CustomFlex Fit Collection launching at department stores in June. The collection will feature seven styles including underwire, wirefree and a new Bandini silhouette in a wide range of colors. The Barely There Bandini comes packaged 2 for $24, the unlined bra styles retail for $24 and the foam bra styles sell for $30.
The new collection offers five sizes (XS-XL) but still covers the complete range of alpha numeric sizes from 32A to 42C known to women today. The sizing innovation comes from the fit flexibility of Smart Sizes that provides two traditional band sizes and two traditional cup sizes in one Smart Size.
Ice-Watch® Neon Collection
One neon colored accessory adds must-have “pop factor” to ordinary boring gym attire! The ultra-casual and sporty look allows for Ice-Watch Neon to pair perfectly with athletic attire. The polycarbonate band is durable and sweat-proof so it won’t scratch during your rigorous workouts and at just $85 they are recession-proof!
Celebs like Paris Hilton, Ashley Greene and Audrina Patridge have been spotted around town sporting their Ice-Watches!
Ice-Watch®’s Neon Collection features bold, electric-colored timepieces in florescent blue, pink, green and yellow. These rainbow bright timepieces are water resistant up to 5ATM with transparent “plas-cite” bands, luminous hands, a white sunray dial and the signature Ice-Watch® logo on crown, case back and dial.
Ice-Watch Neon is available at 150 Dillard’s stores nationwide as well as www.ice-watch.com
Attention She She Girls - Check out the great deals
from Jimeale on Gilt Groupe!!!
Book a Brighter Future
Shopping at Macy's this summer will help provide free books and resources to millions of needy kids.
Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) and Macy's have teamed up to create Book A Brighter Future, a national partnership to raise awareness and support of children's literacy.
Through July 31 Macy's customers can give $3 and receive a coupon for $10 off one purchase of $50 or more at any Macy's store nationwide. Macy's will give 100% of every $3 to RIF.
Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. (RIF), is the nation's oldest and biggest literacy non-profit. Founded in 1966, the organization provides 4.4 million children with 15 million new books each year!
To learn more about the Book A Brighter Future campaign, visit:www.rif.org/brighterfuture
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog ! This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!