She She Me Sponsors: BodenUSA.com and SmartBargains
Enter to win five different looks worth $1500!
Fashionista Finds on a
Was feeling a bit down in the dumps earlier this week — nothing seemed to be going my way. My car wouldn't start (someone had left the visor makeup mirror light on all weekend) so I had to seek alternate means of transportation to work. This meant a mad rush to catch a bus ( where I promptly sat in a puddle of spilled coffee) and then what I refer to as The Great Cable car Disaster of 2009. Which involved me rushing from the bus stop to jump onto the cable car just as it pulled away, catching my heel as I made the leap then landing in a heap on the running board of the cable car, at which point my handbag fell back into the street, spewing its contents into the gutter and my shoe flew under the cable car only to be shortly followed by a horrific crunching, grinding sound and the immediate disablement of said cable car. Needless to say, I was not a very popular person on board by this time, although a few kind souls chased my favorite new lipstick and mini perfume as they rolled down the steep incline into the path of oncoming traffic. And one very nice man helped me up from my sprawled and shoeless position on the floor of the cable car, assisted in gathering my goodies from the gutter and assessed my wounds (mostly pride-related) before declaring me no-worse-for-the-wear (one scuffed stiletto, one completely mangled stiletto, a few new rips in my already artfully distressed denim and a wad of gum stuck to the underside of my previously-chic handbag. Yuck.) And to add insult to injury, just as I was noticing how warm and friendly his brown eyes were, and his attractively tanned and muscled forearms, he mentioned that his wife had stopped wearing heels on the streets of San Francisco for similar reasons. Sigh. Even if all the good ones aren't quite taken, they are disappearing rapidly.
Anyhoo, I limped into the office after my little escapade and was promptly whisked into my über-stylish mentor/boss's office where she exclaimed over my ruined and/or missing Marciano's and commiserated over my bubblegum stained handbag and the quickly crustifying coffee stain on my lovely summer jacket.
"Darling She She!" she exclaimed. "This simply will not do! You must take the rest of the day off to rest, recuperate and replace your damaged goods!" Easy for her to say, she's über-stylish and über-financially-independent, although she does get a lot of excellent samples and goodies from various clients, and to be perfectly honest she does pass many of these lovely items on to me, which is how I came to be in possession of my gorgeous Marciano's and my stylish Gustto and my artfully-distressed denim, but I digress…
I realized that she had handed me the perfect opportunity to stop at my favorite designer boutique (TJ Maxx) for a replacement pair of stilettos, hit Marshalls for a new summer jacket, then curl up on the sofa at home with an icy cold beverage and my laptop to do a bit of recessionista bargain hunting. And you know, it was exactly what the fashion doctor ordered!
While at Marshalls I found a gorgeous-beyond-belief safari dress that I have had my eye on in one of the big department stores, but it was 75% less than the price they were asking at the department store! In fact, I also snapped up a fabulous handbag, a pair of sassy sandals and a beautiful silk scarf, and you would never know that I got the entire ensemble for less than the handbag alone at a major mall anchor store! Can you tell which look is Marshalls and which look is major department store? Betcha can't! With today's economy, it really pays to shop smart you know? I am finding that more and more of my fashionable friends are snapping up their designer goodies at places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx — it makes good fashion sense!
Another great source for designer fashions and accessories is SmartBargains. I really hit the fashion jackpot there, and all from the comfort of my own nicely air-conditioned condo! Check these goodies out:
- On the hunt for the perfect pair of summertime sandals? Jessica Simpson’s Misana Beaded Thong Sandal fits perfectly on a summer night date along the boardwalk or beachside. With turquoise or pewter jeweled thong details, any girls’ pedicure is going to get its’ money’s worth.
- Need more height in your summertime sandal hunt? Wedges are your answer. Have your toes look pretty the Charles David Tinker Patent Leather Sandal, Cole Haan Capri Black Patent Buckle Thong Sandal and Juicy Couture’s Fiona Leather Sandal.
- The “Michael Kors Panama Satchel” is a perfect bag for the summertime fashionista on-the-go. Tote around your favorite chick lit novel, day planner, issue of Harper’s Bazaar, PDA and wallet in complete style while running errands. Also, check out the always fashionable “Cole Haan Genevieve Spicy Orange Leather Tote” Every fashionista always knows that buckles and belts on handbags equal trendy perfection
- Summer equals flirty, fun and flowy dresses. While Betsey Johnson is known for her rocker-chic style, she offers summertime ruffle and chic bows with her “Royal Blue Dress With Bow,” and “Ruffle Sleeve” dresses. At under half the price of Main Street stores, buying all three is the hands-down choice.
- Are you the beach girl stuck in the office all day? Poor you. Maintain the essence of summer chic with Cole Haan’s Air Harlow Open Toe Patent Leather Flats and a BCBG Max Azria Printed Silk or Jersey Wrap Dress. Just because you’re on a computer all day doesn’t mean you need to miss out on the style of summer.
- For casual summer nights, take a look (and lust) at Lucky Brand Sweet N Low Long Denim Jean. Nicole Richie and Reese Witherspoon love Paige Premium Denim, only everyone can get the look for less at SmartBargains where pairs cell for upwards of 50%-60% off of department store prices.
Every fashionista knows that when it comes to dollars and cents, it makes sense to invest in great accessories. A few well chosen and stylish accessories can give new life to your fashions. Give your wardrobe a little style boost with the following fab finds:
- Check out the Baby G Watch by Casio. I adore this watch! This is the same watch that Jordin Sparks used it to brighten up her look in the video for the hit song “Tattoo.” and Fergie rocked the Baby G at a recent LA concert! I love that it is so bright and vibrant - very edgy fashion chic.
- The go-to shoes for summer are these gorgeous gold thong sandals from Gabriella Rocha. Stylish enough to wear with this season's hotter-than-hot maxi dresses, yet comfy enough to wear with shorts and a tee! Very versatile.
- These sassy sunglasses from Juicy Couture will add a feminine element of style to any summer ensemble. They come with a protective hard case and offer 100% UV protection under those hot summer rays.
- The best accessory is a beautiful complexion, but endless hot summer days and prolonged exposure to the sun- UVA and UVB rays, pollution, and even wind can damage and age our skin. AminoGenesis’ Perfect Reflection has been proven to repair sun damage, relieve dryness, decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and improves skin elasticity, texture, firmness, and smoothness. AminoGenesis’ Perfect Reflection anti-aging serum combines four powerful anti-oxidants (vitamin A, C, D and CoQ10) with AminoGenesis’ base formula of 17 amino acids. This silky smooth water-based formula penetrates the skin rapidly delivering moisture and skin-rejuvenating nutrients for the most beautiful, youthful and healthy skin possible! Click Here to enter to win AminoGenesis’ Perfect Reflection! Enter Perfect Reflection in subject line.
Well darlings, that should keep you busy for the next little while anyway. Don't forget to enter our contests! It's always fun to get goodies for free, no?
She She Me
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me Sponsor:
What could be better than finding fabulous summer styles for the yourself, as well as the main man in your life and even the kiddies, from toddler to teen, all on the same site? Finding those fabulous summer styles on sale, that's what!
At Boden you will find everything you need to kick off summer in a stylish way. From sassy sundresses and skirts, to cute capri's and fluttery summer tops, even great accessories like sunglasses and floppy sun hats, beach totes and sassy summer sandals, Boden has what you are looking for.
Want to kick it up a notch? Check out our gorgeous embellished tops and silky drapey dresses, perfect for an evening out on the town!
Don't forget about swim wear! We have a great selection of tank suits, tankinis, and two-piece suits that are sure to make you look like a million dollars, without breaking the bank!
Shop Boden today for you family's summer style needs!
She She Me Sponsor:
Love designer styles, hate paying designer prices. At SmartBargains you can get the latest, hottest designer trends and styles at up to 70% off retail prices!
Every fashionista worth her designer denim knows that Paige Premium Denim has the best fitting jeans around. Why pay full retail when you can snap up a pair (or three) at SmartBargains for less than half the regular price?
And of course you're going to need a gorgeously girly top to go with those jeans, right? SmartBargains has tops in every style from tanks and camis, to sleeveless styles and dressy styles, every fabric from knit to cotton to silk, all at fantastic savings!
Be sure to check out the great selection of handbags as well.
Great designers like Botkier, Fendi, Michael Kors, Matt & Nat, Christian Dior and more.
And you may as well snap up a pair of gorgeous summer sandals while they last!
These sassy leather t-straps have my name written all over them!
Levi's Original Style Sweepstakes
Win Five Fresh Looks Worth $1500.
Levi's® and Glam are teaming up to put some style in your week with these five fresh styles. Enter the Levi's® + Glam Original Style Sweeps and you could win five looks assembled by top fashion bloggers from the Glam network worth $1500. When you sign-up you'll also receive the Levi's monthly newsletter where you can check out the latest styles and deals.
Check out the look designed by She She Me!
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog ! This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!