She She Me Sponsors: Boden and Endless.com
Win a Pair of Reebok EasyTone Sneakers!
Summer Style Essentials
I adore summertime, truly I do. After a long cold winter and a blustery spring, there is nothing quite like sauntering along the boardwalk on a hot summer day in a sassy little sundress and a chic pair of wedges. I also find it interesting to note that the higher the temps the skimpier the fashions. Which isn't always a good thing! (Hello? Meredith from "The Office" on Casual Friday anyone?) One would think that a little common sense — not to mention fashion sense — and professional decorum would be exercised when it comes to dressing for success, even when the temps rise into the triple digits. But alas, summer after summer we have to take the interns aside and inform them that flip flops and beach cover ups are not proper attire for the workplace.
Anyhoo, with warmer weather here at last, what items should we be stocking our closets with to see us through the season? Here are the top choices in fashion as well as beauty and fragrance for a spectacular summer season!
- Distressed boyfriend jeans. These are the go-to jeans for summer. All of the major denim designers have come out with a version, so you'll be able to rock your favorite brand all summer long. My personal ave is the Levis 501 Boyfriend Cut Jeans . They are cut a little looser than the regular 501's to give them that I-grabbed-them-from-my-boyfriend's-closet look and feel.
- Feminine cami. The perfect complement to those slouchy jeans. Look for ultra feminine styles with pin tucked details, lace insets, flirty flounces and slinky sexy fabrics.
- Sexy, sassy sundress. Everyone knows that I live in sundresses in the summer. I just love the feel of a flippy flirty skirt brushing against my bare legs as I sashay about. This season there are so many gorgeous choices, from embellished sundresses to retro styles, from floaty bohemian and girly biker trends to a classic summer white beach dress. Watch out for fabrics that are too sheer, however, if you are opting for a white sundress. I like to make sure the dress is lined or has an underskirt so no one can see my lacy unmentionables!
- Khaki/chino shorts. If you've got great gams, go ahead and show 'em off! Check out these fabulous tie-waist shorts from Michael Kors. They are the perfect length — not too long, not too short, juuuuust right. If you prefer a little more coverage, opt for any of this season's great bermudas. Khaki, white or navy make great summer choices.
- Floral bathing suit. It's all about flower power here girls. Bikinis and bandeaus, sexy one-shoulder suits and sleek maillot's are all embracing the floral trend this season. It's like a garden in the tropics! A little trick for avoiding the dreaded muffin-top when wearing a bikini — choose bottoms with adjustable string ties or a super-stretchy wide waistband!
- 3 pair of sandals will get you through any and every occasion this summer. 1) Snap up a pair of comfy flip flops for the beach/lake. For the added benefit of a little leg toning check out FitFlops! 2) A great pair of flat sandals to wear with sundresses and skirts, shorts and jeans. 3) A pair of metallic skyscrapers for dancing the night away.
- Soft, slouchy handbag. Roomy and slouchy, this summer's hobo bags do double and triple duty as beach bags, weekenders, work totes and even diaper bags! And the bag seen on the arms of all the celebs this season, this summer's "it" bag — the oversize white hobo.
- Fresh fragrance. Lacoste Touch of Pink, a fabulous floral/citrus scent with soothing vanilla musk notes. Burberry The Beat, my new signature scent. I adore the energy of this woodsy floral fragrance. Stella McCartney Sheer, very light and lovely, possibly the perfect summer fragrance.
- Sheer lipstick. Just a hint of color, just a hint of gleam. Soothing aloes and Vitamin D to infuse lips with moisture. Preferably something with SPF15. This summer's hot color is a vibrant rosy pink.
- Sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. All day, every day. No matter what! (You'll thank me later…like in 20 years!)
- Nail colors this season are bright and bold. Electric blue, minty green, sunshine yellow, flaming orange, bubblegum pink and bold purple. I like to get my summer pedicures in these vibrant shades, then opt for a more neutral wear-with-everything coral-pink for my manicure.
- Vivid eye shadows are all the rage this summer, but how do you wear these bold colors without looking like you've been playing in mommy's makeup? Avoid the temptation to smear your lids with electric blue or vivid green. I like to smudge just a hint of bright color along my lash line — it really makes my eyes pop! For evenings I will also add a smudge of color at the outer corners of my eyes and blend inward toward the center of the lid. Be sure to blend, blend, blend! No noticeable lines of demarcation.
- NeuLash eyelash repair serum. Great for building healthy, fuller looking lashes. Helps strengthen and fortify lashes against breakage — promotes lash flexibility and durability.
- Dr. Weil for Origins Night Health Bedtime Face Cream. This luscious face cream smoothes on like velvet, and the scent is so relaxing and calming. The blend of skin-rebuilding and recovery complex ingredients help release tense-looking skin and visible lines. After a more restful night you and your skin awake refreshed and revitalized. Perfect for those days at the beach!
Hmmm, looks like we've got a great start to summer here. I could go on and on, adding more and more fabulous finds to this list, but alas, time and $$$ are in short supply! Happy summer shopping darlings!
She She Me
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me Sponsor:
It's been said that a perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. An added bonus is some fine summer clothing, which you'll find in abundance at Boden.
Great summer dresses in scrumptious knits, jerseys, linens and cottons. Dresses gorgeous enough to take you from day to night in absolute style.
Sassy summer tops in every style under the sun. Sexy sleeveless styles, great polos and tees, elegant embellished blouses and terrific tunics for your every summer occasion.
We also have a fabulous selection of shoes and handbags for summer. From spiffy little sandals and fabulous flats to terrific tote bags and flirty fun evening bags, we have so many styles to choose from!
Shop Boden for the entire family!
She She Me Sponsor:
Nothing says welcome to warm weather better than a great pair of sandals!
At Endless.com you will find a fabulous selection of sandals to fit every occasion and mood.
Need flip flops for the beach?
We have great styles from all the top brands like Reef, crocs, Havianas and Roxy.
How about a great pair of wedges for the weekend? From chunky and funky to sleek and stylish, we have the perfect pair for you.
Gladiators are still the rage for summer. Endless.com has everything from flirty flats and rugged gladiators to the sexiest of skyscraper glads for dancing the night away.
Endless.com has a great selection of summer handbags as well. Everything from beach totes and gorgeous leather bags for the working fashionista to elegant evening bags.
Check out the Reebok EasyTone video, then
click here to enter for your chance to win
a pair of Reebok EasyTone sneakers!
UbU Clothing is an expressive women's fashion line, designed for comfort, travel, flexibility and style, for women of all personalities. From sweats and t-shirts, UbU began growing with the production of women’s pleated jackets and has since evolved into an ever expanding and interchangeable line of women’s travel apparel in the form of jackets, blouses, dresses, skirts, bags and more! Each style is hand pleated and ideal for packing and traveling. UbU garments are lightweight, yet still warm, wrinkle free and available in many solid colors as well as incredibly fun prints. Each garment is unique, just like everyone who wears UbU. The company is built around a simple concept, "Promote positives in life, stay inspired and always be yourself!"
She She Me's personal fave is this gorgeous fully reversible jacket. Soft, cuddly microfleece on one side, hand pleated silk on the other. It scrunches into your handbag and emerges looking fabulous. Hand or machine wash in cold water, lay flat to dry. Easy wear. Easy care. Ideal for airplanes, restaurants and chilly evenings.
Proactiv 3-Step Treatment
Your face has over 10 million pores! Instead of treating one pimple at a time, the Proactiv acne clearing system was developed to treat your whole face - helping to both clear blemishes and prevent acne before it starts. Proactiv was the first acne treatment system of its kind and is as revolutionary now as it was then.
With just three simple steps a day, the Proactiv over the counter acne treatment system combines real medicines with soothing botanicals. Strong enough to kill your most stubborn acne but gentle enough to use everyday, Proactiv lets you enjoy the clear, radiant skin you’ve always wanted.
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog ! This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!