She She Me Sponsor: Boden and Mandee
Spring's Hottest Styles - For Less!
In the famous words of Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates — you never know what you're gonna get"…except in my case, it's the spring weather that is impersonating a 5 pound box of See's…
Case in point: This last week has been nothing but day after day of torrential rain. Sideways rain that no umbrella on earth (except this one!) can combat. Giant muddy puddles at every intersection (which means I have had to wait eons to wear my new suede platforms) and the most horrible hair-frizzing humidity imaginable. Then, this morning, sunshine! Lots and lots of brilliant sunshine! I can't even tell you how thrilled I was to see those lovely slanting rays of bliss through my shutters as I rolled out of bed. Finally, the perfect day and the perfect weather to wear my perfect fair weather ensemble: a gorgeous spring suit! Not a skirt suit, but a fabulous trouser suit: neutral tone structured blazer and sleek trousers, layered over a flirty spring top and scrumptious silk scarf. Add an awesome leather tote bag and a pair of kick-y open-toe platforms and I am walking in sunshine! Which is exactly what I did. Until my lunch meeting across town.
I could see gray clouds on the horizon as I stepped outside to snag a cab, and by the time my ride had delivered me to the doorstep of the restaurant it was raining buckets. The soup course brought hurricane proportion winds and gallons of water sluicing down the windows. Dessert was accompanied by the rat-a-tat-tat of golf ball-sized hailstones bouncing off the sidewalk, and since there was no possible way I was going to brave that particular obstacle course in my heels I decided that I may as well settle and wait it out. Luckily I was armed with all the latest glossy mags, so I had plenty to keep myself occupied while nature raged outside. So I made good use of my time by searching out this Spring's hottest looks:
- Passion for pastels: For a chic and sophisticated style look for floaty fabrics that delicately drape your figure. When layering, keep the pastel tones close in hue, with perhaps a slightly deeper tone for shoes and bag. (Every fashionista knows that monochrome dressing is über-chic, and it doesn't have to be all black either!)
- Sporty/Nautical: One of my favorite looks ever is what I like to think of as "Afternoon at the Yacht Club". And it is so easily achieved! No need to go all-out Olive Oyl — crisp white with a little touch of navy will work quite nicely. Try wide leg white trousers and a skinny tee, topped with a navy blazer or chunky cardigan. Finish with espadrilles or cork sole sandals and a sporty leather bag.
- Ruffles and tiers: You'll find this trend on everything from skirts and tops to shoes and accessories. So flirty and so feminine! Try a flirty little top with distressed denim jeans and a pair of sleek motorcycle boots — the perfect mix of girly and edgy.
- Open-toe flats: I love this trend for spring! Cool, comfortable and super stylish at the same time! My pick for spring is this gorgeous pair of petal skimmers. Love the cutaway detail, with the tiniest little heel for the perfect amount of comfort and style.
- Working it: Spring weather means more time outdoors. And more time outdoors means more opportunities to get in shape. Ditch the baggy sweats for some super stylish workout togs from Jockey. I love the cropped yoga pants - relaxed and comfortable as well as breathable. I also love the Performance Tee - it is ultra lightweight and is slim fitting to reduce bulkiness when I work out. It also keeps me cool and dry.
Well, what do you know? Looks like the sun has made a return appearance after all. Who would have believed that the weather could cover all four seasons in just one afternoon. Anyhoo, all's well that end's well, especially when it ends with me walking in sunshine once again. Happy shopping darlings!
She She Me
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me Sponsor
Springs styles are in at Boden! Our new range is guaranteed to put a spring in your step. For added cheer we've added a special no-risk offer to your basket. All you need to do is fill it with clothes.
$25 OFF when you spend $200 or more
$15 OFF when you spend $150 or more
$10 OFF when you spend $120 or more
We have a fantastic selection of clothing and accessories in all the latest styles and trends for spring.
From sassy sundresses to something a little more elegant for evening. Or perhaps something casual for a walk along the beach, you're sure to find exactly what you are looking for at Boden.
She She Me Sponsor
The economy may have taken a bit of a turn for the worse, but you don't have to look like you have too. Mandee's "Wardrobe Bailout" discount is the solution!
Mandee has fashion forward styles at the perfect price for your recessionista budget. Check out the great selection of tops and tees, denim and dresses, jackets, footwear, accessories and so much more.
Boost your style now at Mandee! Be sure to enter BAILOUT at checkout to receive 20% off your entire purchase!
New Spring Styles are available at Net-a-Porter, and so is the latest edition of NET-A-PORTER Notes, your essential guide to the Spring Summer 2009 season, which features expert trend reports, a wardrobe planner and editors' top 10s. A complimentary copy of Notes will be included in all orders while stocks last, so snap up your copy today!
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog ! This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!