She She Me Sponsors: Chelsea Parkes and Ivy Blue
The Look for Spring:
From Fabulous Footwear to Eco-Friendly Style
Was sitting outdoors at my favorite little bistro, thoroughly enjoying the bright sunshine and promise (more of a hint, really) of spring in the air, and thinking that perhaps I really should get those adorable little sling-back wedges that I have had my eye on lately. They would be perfect with my new capri's, a sexy cami and a girly little cropped jacket. Add to that a sassy little cross-body bag and this funky necklace and it's the perfect spring picnic-in-the-park ensemble. And besides, the wedges would actually be an investment, since they would also look fabulous with a flirty skirt and sleeveless sweater, as well as a great pair of designer denim and a sexy little top. Versatile wedges for spring and summer are the perfect go-to shoe for just about any casually chic ensemble—they can dress up bermudas and a blouse, and just as easily take on a sassy sundress! And best of all, they are terrain friendly (have you ever worn heels to an outdoor event only to find yourself sinking into the grass?) Definitely worth investing in several pair this season.
Was completely lost in said fashion fantasy when the warming rays of sunshine were suddenly blocked from my delicately upturned face, and a very manly voice said, "Excuse me, miss?" It was then that I realized this voice had been repeating that phrase for quite some time as I had been sitting there, enjoying the sunshine and blissfully adding accessories to my spring wardrobe. "Miss?" the man repeated as I gazed up, up, up into a pair of the most gorgeously blazing blue eyes with little happy-crinkles at the corners. And he had called me "Miss", not "Ma'am" which always bodes well for a twirty girl. Am dreading the day that I move from miss to ma'am. But I digress.
"Yes?" I answered, attempting to look casually alluring instead of completely spaced out. "Is this seat taken?" he queried, resting his hands on the back of the chair opposite me. "Oh, no, not at all." I answered, immediately perking up, smoothing the skirt of my snappy new sundress and gesturing with my hand, "Feel free to, er…"my voice tapered off at the words "join me" as he picked up the chair, quickly turned and carried it to a table in the corner where a gorgeous blonde was unstrapping adorable infants from a twin stroller and putting them into high chairs. Just my luck. Tall, dark and handsome was not only unavailable but also reproducing. Double time. Sigh…
Now that I had snapped back to reality I gazed around and realized that the tables at the bistro had
quickly filled with other fair-weather diners. It seems everyone has been suffering from spring fever and was taking full advantage of a gorgeous day to don their sassiest spring finery and enjoy the warmth and sunshine. I took note of the newest styles and colors that all the girls were wearing (once a fashionista, always a fashionista), and weighed them against what I already had in my closet, and what I was still in need of procuring. And since I was in Berkeley, I also noticed that there was a definite abundance of fashions made from natural and organic products, fabulous eco-friendly styles in sight, and none of them even remotely resembled the burlap bags of old.
Sassy Spring Separates
- I am all over this tone-on-tone neutral look for spring. I love the mix of crisp white, delicate ivory and rich ecru. One of my favorite ensembles this season is a great pair of wide leg chinos, a skinny scoop neck tank and a floaty little sheer top. Finish with a pair of great wooden heeled wedges, a skinny belt and add a punch of color with a gorgeous bag and I am good to go!
- Another great look for spring is the painterly style. From floral's to graphics, art deco to impressionism. Think strong colors and vibrant artsy prints. Pair a great flowing tunic with a pair of crisp colorful shorts and a vibrant handbag.
- Long sleeveless tunic. This is my most versatile seasonal separate. I can wear it as a dress, with sandals and a great necklace, and it is perfect for dinner out with my beau. I can also take it down a notch for a more casual look by pairing it with boot cut denim and a feminine tank.
- The long and short of it. Shorts are running the gamut in length this season. From chic city shorts in dressier fabrics, to casual Bermuda's to beach worthy short-shorts. Choose the style that best flatters your figure. If you are in killer shape, flaunt those shapely gams in something very brief. If, however, gravity is doing the nasty with your thighs, it is definitely in your best interest to invest in Bermuda's.
As my friends all know, I am all about the shoes. From flats to skyscrapers, wedges to kitten heels I have never met a pair of shoes I didn't want to invite home and introduce to the rest of my treasured pets. This season there are so many choices in footwear I hardly know where to begin!
Great Eco Friendly Styles
- Gorgeous flowing jersey dress made from 100% bamboo! Who 'da thunk it? Feels so sleek and silky against your skin. Looks fabulous with gorgeous gladiator sandals, a great set of chunky bangles and a nifty little eco-friendly carry-all for all your girly goodies.
- Fabulous LBD that not only makes me look good, but is good for the environment. Perfect for our annual Earth Day party. Add a little kick with this gorgeous bamboo cube clutch and a pair of woven straw stilettos.
- J Brand Green Label jeans are ideal. They also come with a bonus tote bag to boot! (They also have a great Tips to Save the Planet page on their website.) The jeans look eco-perfect with a great bamboo/organic cotton scoop neck top from Pink Tartan and a pair of fabulous flats.
- Looking for something a little dressier to wear with your jeans? Check out this sleek sustainable silk tank. Gorgeous! Slip into a pair of skyscrapers and add a little bling to the wrist and you are ready for a night on the town.
- For those long, hot summer days, check out this adorable pair of shorts from Stella McCartney— trés flattering and oh-so-comfy. Pair them with a funky fitted tank or the perfect loose fitting top and you are good to go!
- I know, I know, eco-friendly skyscrapers are so hard to find, but I found a fabulous source for really chic heels. Check out Charmone's great sustainable styles.
Happy spring shopping girls!
She She Me
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me Sponsor:
Visit chelseaparkes.com for a quick & easy to shop short-cut to stylish shoes and accessories.
Girlfriends and owners of Chelsea Parkes, Darlene and Nikki, spend weeks scouring the runways and trade shows to bring you what they see as the very best pared down, easy to shop, and fun to wear shoes and accessories. Designers consistently on the list include: Daniblack, Biviel, Modern Vintage, and Bernardo, while you are certain to find a few new designers every few months like Corso Como, Cordani, and the stand out style of Marc by Marc Jacobs new to the line-up in Spring ’08.
You won’t want to miss some of the top trend picks including a stand-out metallic gladiator from Modern Vintage, thong sandals with a twist from Bernardo and BCBG MaxAzria, and prints, prints, and more prints from Marc by Marc Jacobs and BCBG MaxAzria.
She She Me Sponsor:
Ivy Blue is the collaboration of childhood best friends Amy and Jeanne, who blend their unique fashion philosophies to create a stunning collection of top and emerging designers in one online destination.
Ivy Blue represents top labels like Alice + Olivia, Graham & Spencer and Corey Lynn Calter and rising stars such as Laila Azhar, Rory Beca and Dorothy Lee. Ivy Blue carries the fashion essentials you need to build a complete wardrobe, including dresses, premium denim, blouses, tees, tanks and handbags.
More than the amazing lines Ivy Blue carries, it embodies a lifestyle that fashion is what you make it and every woman, no matter her age, can work trends into her wardrobe.
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog !
This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!