She She Me Sponsors: ManEater Threads and J. Crew
Resolutions in Style
Again with the resolutions! Every year it's the same thing: lose a few pounds, trim a few inches, save a few dollars and find true love. And to be perfectly honest, I did accomplish all of those things this past year! Unfortunately for me, when it comes to losing a few pounds and trimming a few inches, it's a bit like losing my car keys—they are only gone temporarily, and they always show up again in the least expected places.
Just this past summer I lost twelve pounds and was feeling very smug and pleased with myself (and looking quite spectacular in my cashmere tunic I might add). My jeans (very chic, teensiest bit of stretch) were all fitting a little less snuggly around the derrière and thigh, the ever-dreaded muffin-top had disappeared (unfortunately, along with quite a bit of my bosom) and my upper arms were not flapping in the breeze quite so much, so I looked very delectable in my gorgeous tank dress at the office party. However, after the requisite gorge-fest that is the holiday season, not to mention the ever present box of Sprinkles cupcakes and tray of iced cookies in the break room, those ten pounds are definitely back in the picture. Except that the sands seem to have shifted a bit. The bosom has not benefited in any way from said weight gain, and my new Christian Louboutin suede knee boots (which look particularly fetching with my black knit dress and black opaque tights) seem to have gotten very snug in the calf. (Who gains weight in their calves!?) Oh yes, and the muffin-top has reached a completely new dimension (albeit one that can thankfully be kept in check with blessedly amazing wondergarments).
As for saving a few dollars, that is one resolution I have absolutely no trouble with, as it is my life's work to be on the lookout for the most stylish of styles, fashionable of fashions and trendiest of trends, all while staying fiscally responsible and financially solvent. (And it certainly doesn't hurt that my über-chic mentor/boss gets oodles of fabulous swag, of which I am oft times the lucky recipient!) However, as Girly so often reminds me, getting fabulous deals on gorgeous clothing, shoes and accessories doesn't particularly count as saving money. It's the actual depositing of said money into a bank (savings, NOT checking) or investment that counts. So this year's goal is to invest ten percent of my gross earnings. Wait, make that net earnings. Wait, make that after taxes and expenses. (And, of course, for a true fashionista Jimmy Choo and Louis Vuitton count as expenses, right?)
She She Me's 2008 Wish List:
- A gorgeous jumper. I just adore the look of a little white tee shirt under a gorgeous jumper. So sleek, so sophisticated, so very Audrey Hepburn! And it's a look that can be glammed up or dressed down, according to need. Slip into a pair of chic flats, add a chunky bangle, toss on a cashmere cardigan and grab a leather hobo and you are ready for lunch in the park. Or you can go totally glam in a pair of sleek skyscraper pumps, layered necklaces, a chain link handbag and a great blazer.
- High waisted skirt—so very versatile! A tucked-in floaty, feminine blouse, sheer tights, gorgeous pumps and a sleek bag create a very ladylike look. Or a swingy jacket worn with a cashmere turtleneck, opaque tights and sassy Mary Janes or oxfords gives a more professional and businesslike feel. Finish with a great satchel or professional tote.
- Feminine jacket. Something with a very vintage feel. Would look fabulous with funky little skirt.
- Flattering sweater dress. Not too tight—the dress should skim the body, gently hugging the curves for the most flattering look. Pair with opaque tights, patent platforms and a strappy shoulder bag.
- Strapless party dress. I know, you're thinking "It's 20° outside!" But layer a tissue tee under or a waist cinching jacket over and you have a whole new look! Still very feminine, but with just the teeniest bit of edge. Add a pair of chunky T-straps and a fabulous bag and you are good to go!
- New signature fragrance. Burberry Brit Perfume—my current fave! So crisp, so clean, so fresh. Makes me want to run barefoot through a meadow (except that I would probably step on a snail or trip over tree roots and totally mess up my pedicure.)
- Gorgeous open-cut sandals. These will be my go-to shoes for spring. What a way to sass up a sundress or give a little kick to a pair of wide leg trousers!
- An edgy, funky look for evening. Forget the LBD, go with elegant wide-leg trousers and a rich beaded cami. Add a gorgeous necklace and a statement ring. Finish with platform sandals and a fun metallic handbag. Check out these great styles from Accessory Bug. Right now, save 10% off the total purchase of any handbag with the promo code POSTXMAS. Offer expires 3/1/08.
- Classic bootcut designer jeans. A fit and style that is always in fashion. This season go with a darker wash. Wear with a skinny tank, a crisp button-down and a gorgeous cashmere crop. Finish this casual chic look with flat boots, a slouchy handbag and funky accessories.
Goodness! I could just go on and on, but since I have resolved to attempt to put a little money away this year, I had better nip this cyber-shopping-fest in the bud! It never hurts to dream though!
Happy shopping darling girls!
She She Me
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me Sponsor:
If you have resolved to be more stylish in 2008, J.Crew is here to help you achieve that goal! J. Crew is an iconic American brand known worldwide for
its sophisticated, fun clothing and accessories to live, work, play and even get
Get married in? Absolutely! Plan your wedding with J. Crew's Weddings and Parties Shop. From simply elegant and sophisticated bridal gowns to gorgeous bridesmaid dresses, suits and tuxes for the groom and groomsmen, gorgeous party dresses, gift ideas and so much more! Our in-house wedding specialists will help you wrap up all those tiny details and keep you on track for your big day.
J. Crew is known for quality, comfort and style. We have a little something for everyone in the family. From our gorgeous women's wear to sporty men's wear, from kid's clothes to shoes for everyone, J. Crew has what you need to start the year in style!
She She Me Sponsor:
Maneater Threads was created from a love of fashion, shopping, and the internet, all combined for the ultimate online boutique experience.
Each season's items are carefully selected to reflect the best of a designer's vision and to mix and match within and across the various lines.
We are constantly on the lookout for the next great designer to bring to our friends and customers, in addition to carrying more established designers.
Maneater Threads' ultimate philosophy is that fashion should not be seasonal, but rather strive to be both classic and forward-thinking.
Enter to Win
The Wreckers Way Back Home, Live From New York City CD, featuring their #1 country single "Leave the Pieces", along with the title track "Way Back Home".
Listen now to The Wreckers "Leave the Pieces (Live):
To enter, send us an email with "The Wreckers" in the subject line and you will immediately be entered for your chance to win a copy of their Way Back Home CD.
Don't miss the Ask She She Blog !
This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!