She She Me Sponsors: ZenTrend and Glimpse.com
The Art of Summer Style
Have been feeling the tiniest bit stressed this past few weeks, as evidenced by recent email faux pas of arguably gargantuan proportions.(Which, of course, is totally understandable given the circumstances.) Had received an inter-office memo reminding us that the Annual Company Barbecue Picnic was coming up and we should therefore plan our entire summer (including vacations, weddings, impending births, etc.) around attending and no one would be exempted from said festivities (company picnic, not impending births). Memo was sent from Hannah in Human Resources, who happens to be one of my fashionista shopping pals and with whom I had just spent a very fruitful lunch hour hunting up the hottest new summer trends as well as this gorgeous silk cami which will be perfect for the concert this weekend. With a pair of great slim fitting capris, some sassy wedges and a funky necklace I will definitely be the belle of the rockfest. But I digress.
Being familiar with Hannah's somewhat dictatorial memo style, I shot off a quick reply along the lines of "perhaps you should also attach a list of suggested attire for said corporate wingding, lest there be a repeat of last year's multitude of Fashion Don'ts." And then I committed the Big Email No-No: I mistakenly hit "Reply All" instead of just "Reply". (Shop Girl claims it was a Freudian slip.) Needless to say, I have been inundated with queries from co-workers wanting to know if they were one of the Fashion Don'ts from last year's picnic! (How does one politely point out that a denim micro-mini and lace camisole are not exactly acceptable attire, even for the twenty-something trophy wife of the corporate VP—and still keep one's job?!) My innate tactfulness and fashion sensibilities have been stretched to the breaking point, causing me to take a much needed mental-health day, during which I will pamper myself (must keep one's skin silky-smooth, moisturized and smelling yummy!), surround myself with items guaranteed to calm and soothe, surf around on Glimpse.com for wonderful weekend looks and find my fashion Zen with this fabulous halter-dress from ZenTrend. And perhaps even check out Yogapalooza at the Embarcadero. (Every little bit helps!)
So, dearest girls, once again you are the lucky recipients of my hard work and efforts along the lines of summer fun and the fashions to be worn therein; be it a casual clambake, a surf and sand soirée, a corporate crush or just a lazy afternoon at a bistro table with your best pals. Read on MacDuff!
A Day at the Beach
- The swimsuit to end all swimsuits. This is the main reason behind all of those sit-ups, butt-crunches, chocolate deprivation and a recent spray tan, so work it girls! Flatter your assets in a fabulous bikini. Be sure that the girls are properly supported (you don't want to worry about an escapee during the beach volleyball game!) and do not forget your SPF!
- A stylish coverup. Gone are the days of your boyfriend's extra-large college tee. Personally, I adore the look of a tunic (if you have fabulous legs, go ahead a show them off) or a sassy sundress for when I want a little more coverage.
- Girly sandals. Just because you are at the beach doesn't mean you have to wear dime-store flip-flops! (Unless of course, you want to; but then at least wear stylish flops). Stick with flat soles or low wedges, since anything with a heel will leave you sinking and struggling through the sand.
- A great beach tote. Make sure it is roomy enough for all of your sun and sand necessities: extra large beach towel, sunglasses, a sizzling summer read, a large bottle of water (must keep hydrated), plenty of sunscreen and a nifty little bag to stash your wet swimsuit in at the end of the day. I have two beach totes that I adore: a delicious straw tote that I can shake the sand right out of it, and a fun canvas bag that can be tossed into the washing machine as needed.
The Company Picnic
The Neighborhood Barbecue
- This event is usually quite casual, but don't fall into the denim cut-offs and cotton tank slump. Remember, classy is as classy does, so dress the part girls! A pair of dressy shorts will have you looking drop-dead gorgeous, especially paired with sassy T-straps, a flirty little handbag and standout accessories.
- A casual yet chic pair of crops offset by a very girly top is another fabu style statement. Unique yet comfy ballerina wedges make a great footwear choice. Go with bold bangles and fun earrings as accessories.
Lunch with the Girls
- Don't even try to kid yourselves here girls. It's all about the style. It's all about the shoes. It's all about the handbag. Why else do we get together for lunch? Oh, yes: to dissect our personal choices in style, shoes and handbags (along with the occasional dish about boys)! This is the perfect venue to debut your sassiest sundress, hottest heels, trendiest tote and glossiest lipgloss.
Bits and Pieces: (Those little extra touches that make it so fun to be a girl)
- An elegant sunhat. Guaranteed to turn heads wherever you go; an instant style-maker.
- A gorgeous silk scarf à la Grace Kelly. Do not ride in a convertible without it! I promise it will make you feel stylish and elegant.
- Glamorous shades. Nothing says summer like a great pair of sunglasses
- A signature summer fragrance. Try Brises de vie Aqua from L'Bel Paris. Very clean and beachy. Another great summer scent is the signature scent from Coach. Fresh, chic, sophisticated; great to wear any time.
Well dearest girls, that should keep you busy for the next few days. And just because I am such a sweetheart, I have created a Special Offers Page just for my nearest and dearest fashionistas! Every time you refresh the page you get a whole new selection of goodies! Check it out for really great deals on the hottest summer trends.
She She Me Sponsor:
Dress like a Star and Feel like one too!
ZenTrend knows the Art of Style. Dress for Success Dress for Success ® knows the Art of making a difference. Together, we are helping scores of women, a mere business suit away from success.
See a skirt, top, dress or a wrap you like on ZenTrend.com? Shop now to help someone who can't.
From now until July 31, 2007, when you purchase a ZenTrend creation, 15%
of total sales benefits Dress for Success® , a non-profit which provides professional attire, career development
network of support to help disadvantaged women.
Reach for Style and help someone reach her dreams.
Introducing our Special Offers Section for hot deals
on the hottest items this summer! Top designer brands at fabulous savings, just for our dearest She She girls…shopbop, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Bluefly, Zappos, Fossil…Discounts and Daily Deals up to 50% Off!