If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/episode1.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
She She Me Sponsors: PURE Collection and Boden USA
It has only taken a week, but I believe I have recovered from my excesses of the New Year. One of the best things about this final shindig of the season, apart from the excuse to wear a party frock and killer heels, is that most of the party occurs before the actual new year begins, therefore any food eaten or beverages consumed pre-midnight do not count against previously plotted New Year's Resolutions. This in mind, I found myself hunkered down by the buffet table at fifteen minutes to midnight, scarfing shrimp cocktail, chicken kebabs, artichoke dip and the last few yummy little chocolate toffee cookies that looked like they came from somewhere exotic--Belgium perhaps. As the clock ticked away the last of 2010 I kept a surreptitious eye out for my hunky date, lest he find me elbow deep in strawberries and chocolate fondue. As luck would have it, the clock began to strike just as I had popped an overly large strawberry into my mouth. Next thing I knew, my guy appeared out of nowhere, twirled me into his arms, whispered "Happy New Year, She She" and swooped in for a kiss. I barely had time to swallow my strawberry! As the clock finished its chime, he pulled back, looked deep into my eyes and said, "Mmmm, chocolate. My favorite way to start a New Year!" I believe I may have found a soul mate.
But I digress from the purpose of this little missive. I am happy to report that once again I have made a list of New Year's Resolutions, which I have actually decided to call my New Year's Good Ideas/Thoughts/Suggestions so that I can bypass the guilt that arises if I slack off a bit. 2011 is shaping up nicely indeed:
- Speaking of guilt, my first Good Idea/Thought/Suggestion provides the perfect solution to the fashionista's love of/need for designer goods dilemma (as fabulous handbags are one of my weaknesses, along with any and all gorgeous footwear, great nail polish that doesn't chip and chocolate truffles). The designer discount sales site, Hautelook is one of my favorite sources for gorgeous goodies, offering 50% to 75% off fabulous designer apparel and accessories! With new sales starting every day you'll never miss out again. I also love Rue La La and Gilt.com, and ideeli.com three more excellent designer sale sites.
- Record my random thoughts, ideas and life events in a journal, on a regular basis, not just once every four or five months. Many a famous author will tell you that this was where their career got its start. Would probably be good idea to invest in nicely bound leather journal and good quality writing implement, as it will endure the test of time and be passed down from generation to generation, or perhaps sold on eBay when my as-yet-unwritten-best-selling-novel takes off. Speaking of best-selling novels, check out Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. A fun read all around!
- Exercise faithfully at least four times per week. This time I am amending my former (for the past 15+ years) Exercise Resolution to include the actual process of sweating. Girly informs me that parking at the far end of the first row in the mall parking lot does not count as aerobic exercise. I beg to differ. When laden with shopping bags, especially those containing bulky items, and dodging traffic in kitten heels one does get one's heart rate up in the 80% range. However, will renew gym membership, will then MapQuest said gym, and will resolve to get fit. (Bonus: workout attire has become much more fashionable. Double bonus: cute boys at gym!)
- Will lose ten pounds. Actually, this past year I lost twelve pounds. Unfortunately, I also found fifteen, and they seem to have belonged previously to someone with a bit more junk in the trunk. Will be faithful with amazing new exercise regimen.
- Will eat a more healthy diet, but will not totally deprive self of yummy indulgences (which apparently leads to binge behavior.) Will only eat half a Krispy Kreme at a time. Save other half for post-workout reward. Or pre-workout energy. Also, am overjoyed to read recent studies involving health benefits of chocolate. Will also stop eating at kitchen sink.
- Will pamper my twirty skin — perhaps said pampering will give the illusion of twenty-something skin, no? Great new find for just such pampering: Coconut and Vanilla Sugar Scrub by Noah's Naturals. Guaranteed to make your skin feel ten years younger.
- Will also pamper my hands (they are the true sign of a girl's age after all) with luxurious hand cremes and a faithful-weekly-till-death-do-us-part manicure. Will also pamper my tootsies with a pedicure (I'm already at the salon, so why not?)
- Will no longer waste precious money on impulse purchases of trendy-but-cheap footwear. Instead, will invest wisely in one pair of exceptional quality killer shoes (per season), preferably those which enhance above mentioned fresh pedicure.(OK, we all know that I meant two pair. Per season. Possibly three pair, but only if I get a really great deal and free shipping.)
Well my darling girls, this is a start. Fear of overwhelming self with too many resolutions has caused me to keep it short and sweet. Best wishes for a heavenly 2011!
She She Me
Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S SPONSORS
She She Me Sponsor:
An effortlessly chic and versatile collection of clothing designed and styled for a modern, urban lifestyle.
We have a passion for cashmere which is a benchmark across all our products. Our signature cashmere pieces include easy everyday classics alongside soft and indulgent textured knits.
The fabrics we use feel fabulous to touch and wear; fluid silks, tactile textures, soft cottons and distinctive prints exclusive to PURE.
Pure collection offers simple but stylish clothes that allow you to invest at non-investment prices.
Get $30 off with a Purchase of $120 or more at Pure Collection
She She Me Sponsor:
The holidays may be behind us, but there is still plenty of wild winter weather ahead! Stock up now on warm winter wear at Boden USA and enjoy fantastic savings!
Check out our fantastic selection of knit dresses and outerwear for every member of the family.
And don't forget to check out the fabulous selection of footwear and accessories!
She She Me's Favorite Things
RYN Footwear, an exciting and technical brand that uses the rocker sole technology to strengthen, tone, and align the human body by recreating a natural foot strike environment. Ryn footwear is testament to the desire of one man to turn his joint problem into a fitness solution that could literally make the world a gym and a better, pain free place for people around the world. In 1989, a seemingly incurable knee problem dating back to childhood forced Ho Hyung Lee to leave his steady job at a sneaker factory in Pusan, Korea for an emergency operation. The desire to recover and get back to work prompted him to rethink and re-engineer the athletic shoe to be healing as well as functional.
Ryn’s seven layer sandwich Ryn ROCKER SOLE TECHNOLOGY structure – As the foot strikes – heel – mid-foot – toe-off – its EVA embedded graphite shank see-saws on the Ryn AIR TUNNEL, thus recreating the natural foot strike environment humans were evolved to follow. The mid-sole is PU coated, but mostly internally comprised of softer EVA so that the shank is free to move as the foot strikes. As a direct result this reduces stress on back, hips, knees and ankles. Strengthens and tones the core, gluts, thighs, calves and back muscles. Aligns the body. Simulates the arch and enhances blood circulation. Stabilizes and guides the footstrike and promotes energy return.
The Ryn AIR TUNNEL comes in four different executions so as to best address all consumers groups:
Irin Sport Sandal
Nazca Athletic Shoe
Fiona Black Nubuck
Indi Dress Shoe
Ryn OPEN AIR TUNNEL for the softer ride (in the Sandals and Casual Shoes).
Ryn ENCAPSULATED AIR TUNNEL MAX for the ultimate work-out ride (in the Athletic Shoes).
Ryn ENCAPSULATED AIR TUNNEL STABLE for the stable ride (in the Outdoor and some Athletic Shoes).
Ryn ENCAPSULATED AIR TUNNEL FIRM for the firmer ride (in the Dress Shoes).
I received a pair of sandals from Ryn to "test-drive" and have been wearing them for the past two weeks. I wore them on a weekend trip where I found myself walking on a cobblestone road and I was pleasantly surprised at the stability I felt from these sandals while walking on cobblestones and on the pebbled beach. While I could feel that my gluts, thighs and calves were getting a workout, my legs did not feel exhausted after an afternoon of trekking about. I am definitely going to check out the athletic trainers!
Physique 57™ DVD Workout Series Volume 2!
With all the yummy food coming up during the holidays, we still have to stay in shape through the new year and onto bathing suit season.
We are excited to announce the release of the much-anticipated Physique 57™ DVD Workout Series Volume 2!
The three-disc DVD Series that produces rapid, obvious results includes:
- Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout - Second Edition
- Advanced Express 30 Minute Full Body Workout
- Thigh & Seat Booster 30 Minute Workout
takes the workout to another level with new choreography, rhythms and tempos while giving users the same amazing results they've been getting from the first series.
Physique 57™, the most effective workout system, is newly located in Los Angeles. It is a vigorous and dynamic exercise method designed to rapidly transform your body. A focused and proven cardiovascular program of isometric exercises and orthopedic stretches, the method tones your seat, abdominals, thighs and arms; strengthens your legs and back; improves posture and produces a beautiful, sexy body.
It has attracted thousands of women and men whose bodies have benefited from the intense strengthening and stretching exercises. Due to tremendous popular demand, Physique 57™ now welcomes clients at a new studio in Beverly Hills, CA.
NFL Women’s Apparel
Are you a serious football fan and tired of showing your team spirit by wearing an oversized men's jersey? Well, check out what NFL Women's Apparel has for you! A fantastic selection of classic tees, fitted jerseys, comfy hoodies, snuggly fleece and more, all styled to flatter the female figure. With 45 million female NFL fans it’s no longer about wearing your boyfriend’s jersey, it’s now “fit for you.”
With the playoffs upon us, now is the perfect time to make your football fashion statement!
New Year Travels are a Breeze
With Jurlique Refreshing Mists
There’s nothing better after a stressful holiday season than jetting off on a relaxing getaway. The only downside is that traveling, whether by land, sea, or air, can take its toll on your skin. Give it the TLC it needs with Jurlique Refreshing Mists, which are all made with a combination of natural ingredients from their farms in Australia to give skin a fresh, soothing feeling. Choose from a selection of floral or fruity scents that will give skin the vacation it deserves!
Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist restores and hydrates the skin, leaving it balanced and refreshed. With a unique blend of Marshmallow and Rose, it provides antioxidant protection and gently soothes and calms. Just a quick spritz after cleansing will leave behind long lasting hydration.
Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist is a replenishing mist to hydrate and soothe dry skin. With Grape seed Oil, a natural antioxidant, it provides optimal protection. The mist also contains a bio dynamic blend of Marshmallow and Lavender, which are traditionally used to calm skin and provide long-lasting moisture to rebalance dryness.
Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist is made to enliven and purify oily skin. The bio dynamic blend of Marshmallow, Calendula, Witch Hazel, Self Heal, Horsetail, Lavender, Rosemary, and Nettle are used traditionally for their clarifying and refreshing benefits. The mist also provides antioxidant protection through Vitamins C & E. After a gentle mist, skin is left toned, calm, and rebalanced.
One of Aubrey’s original products (it was developed over 40 years ago) and one of their best sellers, just got better! If you haven't tried the NEW Aubrey Organics GPB Rosemary and Peppermint or Lavender Ylang Ylang Shampoo and Conditioner, you are missing out! They offer the same hair-nourishing proteins, emollients and shine boosters, but with two new scents!
WHAT IT DOES:
Herbal oils and Aloe and Shea Butter smooth the hair fiber and moisturize
Soy Protein and Milk Protein strengthens and mends the hair fiber to reduce split ends and breakage
Cysteine and Methionine strengthen and mend damaged areas
Horsetail Extract balances and fortifies the scalp
Sephora and FAB
GLAMOUR MAGAZINE INTRODUCES NEW AND IMPROVED
2011 BODY BY GLAMOUR PROGRAM POWERED BY DAILYBURN
NEW YORK CITY (January 6, 2011) — Glamour magazine and Glamour.com announce the return of their successful Body by Glamour program. More than 500,000 people have participated in this free 12-week online health and fitness program, which helps users reach their goals, from losing weight and targeting a trouble zone to eating healthier. This year Body by Glamour is powered by DailyBurn, a fitness solution that helps motivate people to achieve better fitness results in less time. Body by Glamour participants will be able to use DailyBurn’s quick and easy tracking tools to monitor their nutritional intake, exercise and sleep patterns.
A recent study published by the American Journal of Medicine shows that people who have tracked their food and fitness progress lost twice as much weight on average than those who did not. DailyBurn has more than one million members who have tracked more than 133 billion calories and burned 250,000 pounds of fat! By signing up for the program, participants will receive:
Users get a cardio plan and a new strength workout personalized to their shape every month designed by Hollywood trainer Ramona Braganza—she helped Jessica Alba shape up fast after her pregnancy. Participants can print workout moves, watch them as a slideshow online or download free go-anywhere MP3 routines for the whole body, abs, butt and thighs and arms.
Celebrity nutritionist Rachel Beller, R.D., has created slim-down plans for celebs like Sheryl Crow and gives users a step-by-step food plan to help them lose weight fast. The food plan is based around seven simple eating rules and a new food goal each week to help fine-tune eating habits—plus, participants will get tons of yummy low-calorie recipes.
Easy online tools powered by DailyBurn
When users log what they eat and drink in their personal food journal, the amount of calories, fat, fiber and other nutrients are automatically calculated. Logging workouts in the fitness journal will show them exactly how many minutes they worked out and how many calories were burned.
Daily chances to win prizes*
If users sign up from January 3, 2011, to March 31, 2011, they will be entered to win our grand prize—a $1,500 gift card from Gap, plus the daily prize. In addition, each day that users log their food and workouts, they’ll get an entry into the daily prize sweepstakes! From January 3, 2011, to February 1, 2011, the daily prize giveaway will be a $50 Gap gift card. From February 2, 2011, to March 3, 2011, the daily prize giveaway will be a $50 Rent the Runway gift card. *During promotional period only. See rules at www.glamour.com/bbg for details.
Glamour, published by Condé Nast, was recently named Magazine of the Year at the National Magazine Awards, given by the American Society of Magazine Editors. Glamour is the leading women’s beauty and fashion magazine, reaching more than 12 million readers every month, or one in 10 American women. Glamour.com is a leading women’s lifestyle website with approximately 3 million visitors per month.
DailyBurn.com is the premier fitness social network for detailed tracking, online accountability and motivation. DailyBurn, which has one of the most popular app in the health care and fitness category on iTunes, motivates both health seekers and fitness enthusiasts to achieve better fitness results in less time. Launched in 2007, DailyBurn is part of the Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc., an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI). For more information, visit DailyBurn.com.
Do you have a style question or need some fashion advice?
Go to the Ask She She Blog
The Ask She She Blog, where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!