If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/episode1.htm Please remember to add email@example.com to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Spring Style & Gift Guide
It looks like those seemingly endless April showers have indeed brought lovely May flowers, and I have to admit that I am more than ready to say goodbye to the wet weather. (and especially happy to finally have a chance to wear my new spring dresses!)
You know that spring has finally arrived when Mother's Day pops up on the calendar. Which gives me just one more reason (as if I actually needed another reason) to search out the best of the best that spring has to offer in fashion and accessories, shoes and handbags, beauty and perfume, and all things girly. And you know that I take those duties to heart, right?
Well, I have been hard at work, checking out what the chic and stylish fashionistas and their moms have their little hearts set on this spring. Here are a few ideas to get you started, along with a whole slew of great products at fantastic savings for your mom, your sister, your best friend, and most importantly for you!
For the Fashionista Mom:
- A gorgeous handbag. I don't know a woman on earth who would turn up their nose at a great handbag for spring. This season looks for bright colors and fun textures.
- A fabulous pair of summer heels. (Hey, she's a fashionista, right? What fashionista worth her Choo's wouldn't want a kicky pair of sandals?) And if you are REALLY lucky, she'll let you borrow them!
- A truly unique one-of-a-kind necklace. Or pair of earrings. Or bracelet! I just love these handmade items from The Silver Loft on Etsy - they are all unique and individually handmade, so you know you won't see everyone and their mom wearing your necklace! Or, er, everyone wearing your mom's necklace, I mean.
For The Sporty Mom:
- A pair of comfy and stylish sandals that she can wear to the park, the soccer game and chasing the little ones around the yard. Opt for something with a heel strap to keep them secure for those quick, mad dashes that moms often have to make.
- A fun watch. I adore this DKNY jelly watch — so colorful, whimsical and practical, since it is waterproof and the strap can be washed off as well!
- Crisp, fresh scent: I just love fresh, feminine scents in the spring. One of my new favorites is this scent from True Religion.
- A great straw tote bag — ideal for the beach and other summer activities!
For the Classic Mom:
- A beautiful leather clutch bag. Stylish and practical, she'll think of you every time she uses this gorgeous bag.
- A timeless fragrance. My favorite, if course, is Chanel No5, but there are also many new fragrances that have that timeless classic scent, like Gucci Envy Me, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue and Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo.
- A fragrant, long-burning candle. This is an especially fun gift when combined with a lovely little basket of bath goodies!
- An elegant chain link necklace. This one, by Dolce & Gabbana, is perfect for everyday wear and will remind your mom that she passed her exquisite sense of style on to you!
For the Earth Mother:
- Great gardening clogs. I know my mom absolutely adores her gardening clogs, and in fact, has purchased several pair which she keeps on a mud rack by the back door so she always has a fresh pair to slip into when her garden calls (which is often!). And my dear friend, Pretty Mama, has teeny tiny clogs for her little ones who love to help out in the yard — not only are they adorable, but practical as well, especially in all this muddy spring weather!
- An eco-friendly handbag. Matt & Nat has a fantastic selection of eco-friendly bags, make from recycled materials. I love them because they are so roomy and practical. In fact, I think I just might have to snag this one for myself!
- A subscription to Mother Earth News. I actually received a gift subscription from a former sorority sister who now owns an organic nursery, and I love reading this newsletter! Their website is fantastic as well.
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver. After reading this book, I went out and bought several planters and have planted a container garden on my terrace! Yes, I am growing my own heirloom tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and cucumbers, as well as an entire array of fabulous herbs! Can't wait to make my own fresh salsa!
I found soooo many more great products that I decided to include an entire gift section below in She She Me's Favorite Things! Be sure to check them all out.
She She Me.
Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me's Favorite Things
Looks like those April Showers have brought along some gorgeous May flowers! Just in time for spring's sassiest skirts and summer's sexy sundresses, these adorable floral styles from Børn shoes are all the rage. I was lucky enough to get a pair of the Cornflower in deep rose and I love the way the fit - the strap across the inset stabilizes the shoe for a comfortable and stylish fit. And they look fantastic with cropped trousers as well as flirty skirts!
This Mother’s Day, give the gift of comfort and style. Jockey Naturals drifts over skin and provides mom with a body-contouring, seamless silhouette for all day comfort. Made in part from bamboo, Naturals absorbs and evaporates moisture quickly, and are available in a range of pastel colors complete with a pretty, mystical sheen perfect for spring. A matching panty and camisole make the perfect gift set, and are available in all of her favorite spring colors.
Parker Premier Chiseled Silver Collection
Although gold is hot right now silver is coming back strong and what better way to show it off than using it all the time. Instead of those earrings you are only going to wear once splurge on a fashionable writing tool that will have you signing your name the same way your favorite Olympian will be signing their endorsement checks. With the Parker Premier Chiseled Silver Collection it is easy to feel like a star every time you even write your grocery list.
The Chiseled Silver model features a sparkling silver plated finish chiseled with extreme precision that’s sure to captivate the eye – perfect for those who like to make a statement in every aspect of their lives. Silver plated trims and a contemporary interpretation of the iconic Parker arrow clip add to its modern-day styling. The balance of design, precious materials and Parker’s excellent writing technology offer unbeatable comfort and perfect ink flow. Available in three modes including ballpoint, a twist-action retractable pen that ensures no cap will be left behind; rollerball, for those who adore the smooth, effortless flow of ink to paper that these pens deliver; and fountain, perfect for those who love the sensual experience of writing and see their writing as a truly personal expression
The Heartfelt by Swatch
Every year, Swatch creates a new Mother’s Day Special watch. This year's Heartfelt, is an elegant, sparkling and sophisticated timepiece with a lovely light blue strap (and special packaging). It’s a wonderful new watch with a perfect name, chosen for this occasion — Heartfelt. Inside the light blue box is a light blue fabric shopping bag. Elegant and feminine. It’s the perfect way to brighten Mom's day with a gift that says it all.
This year, get Mom something that she can use all year round.
Buy any dress for yourself for under $75 and receive this free tote for Mom.
Hunter Boots & Shoes
HUNTER BOOT, creator of the original rubber Wellington boot, counts everyone from the British royal family to modern fashionistas and trendsetters among its roster of fans. The iconic British brand has expanded beyond the classic "wellie" into a full lifestyle brand - complete with new products, styles and colors for men, women, and children - yet always staying true to its original foundations for fit, comfort, durability and performance.
Check out some of the hottest products from Hunter, just in time for Mother's Day!
Hunter Original Clog
Hunter Amber Thong Sandal
Hunter Canvas Tote
Introducing Archive's brand new PERSONALIZED collection just in time for Mother’s day! Check out the CHARMS section on their website to see initials, engraving, charms and cuteness galore!
Zia Fresh Papaya Enzyme Mask
Fresh Papaya Enzyme Mask contains nutrient-rich Certified Organic Papaya to gently remove excess dead surface cells, eliminate dry, flaky spots and pore blockage. Antioxidants and hydrating Honey help nourish and repair for the softest, silkiest skin possible. Vitamins C and E aid skin repair and minimize surface damage.
Zia Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask
Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask contains nourishing Pumpkin Puree combined with Pineapple and Carrot Juice to clear away old surface cells and pore congestion. Frankincense Essential Oil and Vitamins A and E encourage cell production. Cell damage and dark patches are reduced for a brighter, even more luminous complexion.
neuLash Eyelash & Eyebrow
Fuller, luscious, longer-looking eyelashes are on every woman’s wish list right now. This year for Mother’s Day, Neiman Marcus stores nationwide will be offering an exclusive in-store beauty essentials set from neuLash, so that in just weeks, moms across the country can have the luscious lashes and alluring eyes they have always desired.
The Eyelash & Eyebrow essentials kit features a generous supply of neuLash, a custom-molded mirror and lash comb with perfectly spaced, gold metal teeth. The gift is valued around $200 and comes packaged in an attractive box set.
This special value set is exclusively available at Neiman Marcus stores.
Put the spring back in Mom's step with the gift of firmer, smoother, more elastic skin. Relastin’s award-winning line of products, Ultra Emollient, Eye Silk and Skin Revitalizer, feature a signature Zinc-Firming Complex that is clinically proven to rebuild functional elastin, an essential protein in skin that gives it that youthful bounce. Pamper her completely with the Relastin Trio, which includes the Eye Silk for free (a $69 dollar value (www.relastin.com)
D&G Jewelry at Macy's
D&G has something for every style and budget; whether it’s a simple gold necklace, a trendy bracelet or a sparkling watch, D&G has you covered.
This Mother’s Day, ditch the requisite cards and candy and treat mom to something that will match her unique personality. Sweep her away to her version of bliss by indulging her senses with a scent bottled for her.
The Fashionista Mom
For the fashion-forward mom, breeze by the atelier and indulge in Balenciaga Paris. This delicate floral embodies French mystery, balancing style and luxury.
The Garden-Loving Mom
Instead of flowers that inevitably wilt, secure a bouquet of Chloe Eau De Fleurs, a trio of scents that pay homage to the essences of lavender, nasturtium and neroli.
The Gourmand Mom
Treat mom to a Parisian retreat with a taste of the Marc Jacobs Patisserie Splash Collection. Available in Apple, Pomegranate, and Biscotto, each limited edition scent leaves your taste buds craving more.
The Classic Mom
Show mom she's the epitome of elegance with Chloe Eau De Toilette, the timeless scent boasting notes of crisp mandarin orange zest and fresh freesia.
tarte Lip Sheers
With May being National Skin Cancer/Melanoma Awareness Month, you might want to treat mon (and yourself!) to tarte's SPF products and the launch of three new shades of our best-selling 24.7 natural lip sheers with SPF 15 in dawn (shimmering golden nude), twilight (shimmering peach nude) and sunday (shimmering deep pink).
Life Factory Giveaway
At Lifefactory we call ourselves safe.simple.smart. Our environmentally friendly and health conscious products were created to provide consumers a choice in safe and well designed essentials for babies and adults. We fuse modern sensibility, eco-friendly composition, and exceptional utility to produce glass baby bottles, glass beverage bottles, and teethers that are free of known harmful chemicals including BPA, phthalates, and PVC.
SAFE. At Lifefactory, safety is our #1 concern. All of our products go through rigorous testing and score well above the industry standard for chemical content and durability. Our bottles and accessories are free of known harmful chemicals including bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). All components are FDA approved and made with medical grade silicone. We are EN 71, EN 14350, and CPSIA (HR 4040) compliant.
SIMPLE: Lifefactory’s sleek modern designs give our products a sophisticated look that appeals to everyone. All products are easy to clean and are dishwasher safe.
SMART: Our long-term future is determined by how we treat the earth now. We use glass and silica- low impact raw materials. We keep our packaging to a minimum to leave less of a footprint on our precious earth. Lifefactory is proud to be recognized as a Bay Area Green Business.
Lifefactory’s glass baby bottles are bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalate, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) free
Each kit includes 2- 9oz bottles with stage 2 nipples, 2- 4oz bottles with stage 1 nipples, 2 pack of stage 2 nipples, 2 pack solid caps for storage
Lifefactory's innovative non-toxic Multi-Sensory Silicone Teether is soft, lightweight and easy for little fingers to hold.
- BPA, phthalate, PVC, and latex free.
- Can be worn as a bracelet so it is always close by and can be refrigerated or frozen to soothe aching gums.
- Available in 3 colors: raspberry, yellow, sky
Enter for a chance to win a starter set of baby bottles and teethers from Life Factory! Click here, enter "LifeFactory" in the subject line, and be sure to include your contact information.
Do you have a style question or need some fashion advice? Go to the Ask She She Blog
The Ask She She Blog, where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!