Sponsored by Bluefly.com and Shoebuy.com
If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/episode1.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
She She's Birthday Wishes
Remember how exciting birthdays were when you were a little girl? Oh, the thrill of anticipation! The ballerina party invitations, the cake covered in pink and purple roses, the Hello Kitty handbags. And your Sweet 16, giggling with your girlfriends over all the cute boys, and being so excited about finally having your driver's license. (Who cares if the only car you had access to was a minivan with fake wood panel trim and a luggage rack?) And, of course, the biggie—official adulthood at 21.
Well, somewhere between that wild and crazy birthday bash my senior year of college and hmm, well, recently, birthdays have taken on a completely different level of anticipation. Apart from the anticipation of a new pair of shoes—that's a given! (Love the retro-vintage look of this snazzy little pair, and the heel height totally negates the Miss Moneypenny-ness.) And why do birthdays seem to come around so much more quickly? I swear I just celebrated my twirtieth a few months ago and yet, here it is again! Am suddenly beginning to understand why women sometimes lie about their age. (Epiphany! If one is going to lie about one's age, shouldn't one add years instead of subtracting? Would make a much greater impact if one admitted to being 35 when in actuality is nowhere near. Would constantly be hearing, "Darling! You look fabulous! No one would ever guess that you are 35!" and "I would give anything to look that good at 35! How do you do it?" Although, must admit that it would considerably narrow the pool of available cute boys. Must rethink epiphany.) But I digress.
Back to my birthday, and the fact that it is today! Celebrating (yes, celebrating not bemoaning) another birthday has brought many facets of my life into a more clear perspective. Especially the tiny web of fine lines that has somehow begun to appear at the corner of my eyes. My theory is that because Happy girls are the prettiest girls, and my laugh lines are a clear indication of my innate happiness, ergo, I must be a very pretty girl! However, there is no way I am going to let these tiny little laugh lines become embedded crevices, so I'll let you in on a little secret that I have discovered: Relastin Eye Silk. This luscious eye cream feels just like silk on your skin, it gets rid of puffiness and helps that tender skin spring back. I consider it my very dear friend. Try it, you'll love it! And while you're at it, give the Relastin Skin Revitalizer a go too; it's fabulous!
One other aspect of my life that has become apparent with each advancing year is the need for proper support. Yes, I am talking about the girls here (and with October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month this is somehow felicitous). Had a recent discussion with Shop Girl about how very glad we are that lingerie has progressed beyond the 1950's where there was a choice of white or white-on-white and everything was cone-shaped and steel belted. Am thanking the powers-that-be for the invention of Lycra and the fact that there are so many lovely options out there for great support and style:
- Love the Gel Enhancement Satin Balcony Underwire bra by Jockey. The gel conforms to the body and the balcony style provides a gentle uplift. And the vermilion red? Very sexy.
- For natural support, the Jockey Microfiber Underwire Bra is hands down the best choice. Smooth contour and gentle underwire support. Word to the wise: when wearing a white blouse or tee shirt, always choose a bra in a beige tone instead of white. Virtually invisible; very alluring.
- The best strapless bra - Padded Satin Multi-way Strapless Bra. The contour bra with demi cups provides support and coverage. The best part is the silicone underband which keeps the bra in place. (Perfect for dancing in a strapless gown!) It also has detachable stretch straps.
- My personal fave - the Shimmer Stripe Soft Cup Bra. Lightweight support, (inner cup seams for added shape) darling little bow trim and absolutely love the turquoise color! Be sure to snap up the matching panties too.
Now, back to celebrating. And birthdays. And the best part - birthday presents! Just love receiving lovely little trinkets and wrapped packages. (And to be totally honest, it is much more fun than giving lovely little trinkets and wrapped packages!) Also, have finally reached that age when a colorful envelope in my mailbox brings a sparkle to my eye. (Especially envelopes from parents, grandparents and close relatives since those usually contain lovely gift certificates and quite often, checks!)
What this twirty girl wants for her birthday:
- Fabulous oversize handbag. Plenty of room for your girlish goodies, and a bit left over! Plus, all the celebs are carrying them, and what's good enough for Gwen, Gwyneth, and SJP is definitely good enough for little ole She She Me!
- Swingy jacket. So smart, and all the fashionistas are getting in on the trend. Great for early fall weather and so chic with a crisp white blouse and jeans.
- Fun and flirty fragrance. I love Ralph, by Ralph Lauren with it's light floral scent and just a kick of citrus. Makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday!
- Christian Louboutin. Shoes that are beyond sexy, beyond stunning and often beyond my price range. (Oooh, isn't that red sole to-die-for?) However, shoes like these would fall into the great investment category, and birthdays are always an excuse to splurge.
- Denim pencil skirt. Absolute perfection. Perfect length, perfect fit, perfectly chic. (Did I mention that it was perfect?) Be sure to check out the rear view too!
- While we're on the topic of denim, it's that time of year again—time to find my perfect fall designer jeans. The ones that make my rear-view look perky, my thighs look svelte and the rest of me three inches taller and ten pounds lighter.
- Really great black boots. Love the side tie on these. Will work with skirts, pants, and even dresses.
- A new party dress. Black, of course, because every girl can always use a new LBD.
Oh, the possibilities! Am beginning to wonder, however, if the number of gifts one receives on one's birthday is in direct proportion to the number of birthdays one has celebrated? If this is the case, moving beyond twirty may not be so painful after all (bear in mind, however, that I have years left before that happens!)
She She Me
Be sure to check out the newly designed homepage for updates from She She Me. Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
Check out the Ask She She Blog!
This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!
Hey girly girls! Enter here to win the new Fitness Challenge!
The fun new game designed to help you get in your best shape ever! Designed for two players of any age or ability to compete, The Fitness Challenge uses rewards in the form of star points along with zany coupons as prizes to motivate players to exercise consistently and lose weight for eight weeks.
She She Me Sponsor:
Want the hottest fashions this fall? Look no further than Bluefly.com - your stylish shopping source.
We have fabulous coats to keep you warm and toasty as the temperatures drop. From casual jackets to dressy wool coats, our selection is superb!
Need a new party dress? Or perhaps a little black number for a night on the town? Great designers at great savings!
Shop Bluefly for great savings on the hottest designers. Catherine Malandrino and Michael Kors, Elie Tahari and Vera Wang. Find designer handbags and shoes from Tod's and Fendi, as well as many other famous designers.
she she me Sponsor:
Fantastic savings on fabulous fall footwear at Shoebuy.com!
Dress things up with these gorgeous knee boots from Stuart Weitzman. Or go a little more casual with a pair of riding boots—great with jeans or skirts! And finally, the perfect pair of waterproof ankle boots! Functional and stylish all at the same time.
Find this season's über-chic peeptoes, like these gorgeous little black treasures by Carlos Santana. Or perhaps suede is more your style.
Make a bold fashion statement with these red-hot red croc pumps! Don't forget to snap up a chic handbag too!
Shop Shoebuy.com for all your fall footwear needs.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Join She She Me in supporting Breast Cancer Research! Our chic Pretty in Pink notecards make the perfect any time card. Darling pink dresses decorate the front, and the inside of the card is blank, for your own personal message.
Now through the end of October, purchase a set of our Pretty in Pink notecards and a portion of all proceeds will go to Breast Cancer Research.
Breast Cancer Awareness Links
Join Pretty City once again this October for thirty-one days of beauty as we help raise awareness for Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization, providing information and support to anyone touched by breast cancer. Click here for more details.
For the month of October, tarte cosmetics will donate 20% of proceeds from the "Pretty in Pink" collection to the Young Survival Coalition, a support network for women under 40 living with breast cancer. See the She She Me events page for more information.
At Angela Moore, join in the spirit of
remembrance, recovery and results, with their gorgeous hand painted collection which includes pieces to wear and share.