Sponsored by eLuxury.com
Final Clearance! Save up to 60%!
If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/episode1.htm Please remember to add email@example.com to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
Mid-Summer Style Boost
Well, darling girls, it is officially mid-summer. Memorial Day is a mere memory and The Fourth of July has gone out with a bang, (but not before I was able to pick up a great handbag on sale! Ran out of shopping time before I found those not-too-high, not-too-low perfect shoes, but that just gives me incentive for next weekend, no?) but I digress. Where was I? Oh, yes, days flying by. Mid-summer. And where does that leave us? Well, since I am a glass-is-half-full kind of girl, I'd say that leaves us with many, many lazy hazy crazy days of summer still stretching ahead! Which, of course, is a good thing because I picked up a fabulous little sun frock and a to-die-for summer beach party ensemble last weekend! Not to mention the fun capri's (which obviously called for nifty new wedges or perhaps sassy slides —couldn't decide which look to go with, so I got them both.) After all, what is a holiday if not an opportunity to shop the sales! Which is totally justified in my case as I was very patriotic in my accessory choices. (Note the stars-and-stripes, as well as this charming little lapis bracelet, which is very-close-to-if-not-the-exact shade of blue found in Old Glory.)
Must admit that my beau, Seth, was a bit peeved that I would choose a long weekend of shopping over sailing (and couldn't seem to understand that I was, indeed, sale-ing) but all was forgiven when I returned a day early, fetchingly (and nautically) attired (and bearing boy-type gifts and an exquisitely packed picnic-basket-for-two), and in a very festive mood. We then cast off for a romantic sail to watch the fireworks on the bay. Which were spectacular. The perfect end to a nearly-perfect long holiday weekend.
Anyhoo, was telling Girly about my perfect moonlight sail, which opened the door to a deep philosophical discussion regarding such. Perfection, that is. (Krispy Kremes still warm from the oven. This—and all that it implies. George Clooney.) And near-perfection. (LV, totally authentic and on sale—hey, a girl can dream, right? Belgian chocolates. Jennifer Aniston's hair in every photo I have ever seen of her.) After much discussion, we have determined that perfection is in the eye of the beholder. And this particular beholder has found perfection, or near-perfection all around:
- Feeling good in your old Levi's feels better than squeezing into new designer jeans. This is especially true if said Levi's are original pair from college days!
- That said, nothing ignites your inner rock star like über-chic jeans, a sassy/I-didn't-try T and knock-out skyscrapers.
- No matter how bad you dread exercising, you always feel better afterwards. (And it helps keep you in those original 501's and the requisite designer jeans.)
- A flirty dress. The girly girl's wardrobe staple!
- Gorgeous boots. It's never too early to start thinking about your new boots for fall. And you do NEED a new pair every year. (Need and want are the same to chi chi girls, you know.) But if you feel the need to justify, classic English riding boots are always in style. People will mistake you for landed gentry. Or perhaps a jockey. (Just leave off the little black helmet thingy.)
- A dazzling smile. Bye Bye gooey slime in hockey-player mouth gear. It's never been this easy to brighten your smile (and look years younger in the process). This would make a great gift for a bride-to-be!
- A new shade of lipstick will do wonders for your self esteem, as well as show off those pearly whites. Seriously, it's almost as good as a new pair of peep-toes, and more affordable too!
- Mom was right! Sit up straight, hold your shoulders back, don't slouch. It makes you look skinnier! Only models and gaunt celebrities can slouch and still look skinny.
- Reading a book is better than watching TV. (Use the re-run season to catch up on girly reads.) Devilish good fun!
- That said, an old classic can make a Saturday-night-with-no-date time well spent.
- A flirty, fresh fragrance is very therapeutic to girls suffering from TWIRTY-itis and/or A False Sense of Cuteness Syndrome.
- Do something nice for someone else. Every day. I guarantee it will change your life for the better!
She She Me Sponsor:
Last Chance to shop eLUXURY's Final Designer Clearance!
New final markdowns on hundreds of your favorite designer items from ready-to-wear, designer shoes and accessories, fantastic handbags and men's essentials. Now up to 60% off ready-to-wear from Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, Pucci, Missoni, Calvin Klein, Peter Som and more. Save on highly-coveted handbags from Marc Jacobs, Fendi, Kooba, Botkier, Versace, and Carlos Falchi. Stock up on summer essentials from James Perse, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Juicy
Couture. Enjoy spectacular prices on the hottest denim from 7 for All Mankind, Diesel, Citizens of Humanity, and Paige. And just in time for summer, save on gorgeous warm-weather sandals and wedges from Dior, Fendi, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Versace, Pucci, and Marc Jacobs collection. Be the first to shop the new final markdowns, as quantities and sizes are limited and going fast!