If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/sassy.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you receive emails to your inbox.
Summer Style in 6 Steps!
Spring style is rapidly giving way to the fabulous fashions of summer, and just in time since the temps here hit the triple digits for three days in a row! Honestly, there is nothing like slipping into a flirty little sundress and strappy sandals when the sun is shining high in the sky.
I think the spring-to-summer transition is probably the easiest as far as fashion and style go. The most important thing to remember is to properly prep, which can be done in these six simple steps:
1. Best Foot Forward. As in “always wear fab shoes.” Since I am basically an economically minded girl, I’ve decided to buy versatile shoes to work with many outfits, such as a timeless pump in black (and I don't think I can possibly resist these in cream — they will go with absolutely everything!), chic sandals, fabulous flats and extra comfy-channeling-Kate-Middleton-Sebago boat shoes . I will also use my PedEgg regularly. No point in buying cute sandals if my feet are hideous!
2. Age Backwards. I’m noticing little wrinkles around my eyes and some smile lines coming into play. To slow (and hopefully somewhat-reverse) these lines, I’ve added RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle into my daily routine. The fact that it has SPF30 is an added bonus! Another new discovery of mine is Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray - an ultra-fine primer mist which creates a smooth, silicone-free canvas for flawless makeup application and long lasting makeup wear! And as always, moisturize faithfully (with SPF even better!)
3. Smile More. I’m a smiley person — hence the aforementioned smile lines — but I’m going to try to smile more, even when I’m hungry or tired. It really does make me feel happier! It also helps to show off my freshly whitened teeth and the new tarte glosses my sis sent me for my Christmas!
4. Always Accessorize. Every fashionista knows that clothes are just clothes until you accessorize — then you have an ensemble. Also, chic accessories are the most budget-friendly way to boost your wardrobe potential. In fact, I've "accidentally" left a screen shot of this fun necklace on hubby's computer as a little b-day hint. (Don't judge — I've learned not to leave it to chance!)
5. Stay Organized. This involves a gorgeous handbag with plenty of space to organize all my necessities, but not that thing from the infomercial that looks like the love child of a men’s kit bag and a fanny pack. I’m thinking something more along the lines of this butter-soft leather slouch bag.
6. Bikinize Myself. Bikini season is just around the corner and I found the most fab retro bikini that I so desperately want to look good in. I’m continuing the yoga I started last March, have added green smoothies to my morning agenda and am researching brilliant new sunless tanning options. And, just to be prepared, I have snapped up this darling little bikini bag — to keep my summer tote from getting damp.
So that’s what I’ve got. What are you doing this year? Probably going to Hawaii. If you need someone to come along, I’d be willing to sacrifice my time. I’m just saying. I’ll buy you a bikini.
Have a product you want us to try out? Let us know!
She She Me & Girly's Favorite Things
Poshly Beauty Stats
Check out Poshly today and join in on the fun. At Poshly.com you can access the world’s first site devoted to beauty giveaways! Launched in Summer 2012, Poshly features brands like Revlon, philosophy, Benefit Cosmetics, LUSH, and dozens more.
With spring/summer just around the corner, Poshly (the beauty-meets-data company) has compiled some compelling SPF stats:
- Only 27% of women say they wear sunscreen every day, 30% say they try to apply daily but forget which is matched with the percentage of women who say they only wear it seasonally.
- The top 3 most important qualities women factor in sunscreen are SPF level (39%), how oily or heavy it is (27%), and whether it aggravates their skin (20%).
- 45% of women worry about dark spots and signs of aging when it comes to their sun concern vs. getting a sunburn (34%).
- 40% of women shop for sunscreen only around the summertime (43% year-round).
- Drugstores are the retail channel of choice for sunscreen at 74%, with beauty retailers (like Sephora) and department stores evenly matched at 10%.
Home Fitting Program from
DSTLD Premium Denim
DSTLD [dis-til’d] Premium Denim, the audacious newcomer to the men’s and women’s premium denim market is determined to challenge the archaic practice of fashion retail with its Home Fitting Program, launching with the brand’s inception, May 2014. DSTLD is the latest brand to bring justice to consumers through selling strictly online, and is among the first denim brands to adopt a complimentary, no hassle, at-home try on package.
For a woman, going jean shopping is the equivalent of going bathing suit shopping. It has to be done, and they need to be tried on. The relationship with your jeans is an intimate one. Knowing that, DSTLD allows you to set the mood right in the comfort of your own home.
Gone are the days of shimmying, squatting, and staring at your own rear end in the mirror while in the company of perfect strangers. Clients can pick up to three pairs of jeans and have 10 days to ask everyone they know the single most important question: How does my butt look (#HDMBL)? Hold on to what works, and ship back what doesn’t with the prepaid shipping label. You only pay for what you keep.
DSTLD (meaning stripped of unnecessary elements) does exactly what its name suggests – removes traditional retail impurities, like the middleman and the markup, leaving behind the essential elements of denim: quality material, expert tailoring, and you. What's left is a phenomenally fitting, primo pair of jeans from just $65.
The friendly price tag is made ever so covetable by the quality of the jeans, which is arguably even better than some of its household name competitors (lets just say they have a lot of mutual business partners). Providing premium denim directly to customers for a fraction of the luxury cost is a progressive move for a premium brand – now, “designer” no longer has to mean “expensive.
Batter Up! Bat long, luscious lashes this spring- naturally!
Achieve thick, voluminous lashes naturally and safely, with SA Palette’s new eyelash and eyebrow growth formula. Free of Prostaglandin and Parabens, yet strong enough to produce exceptional clinical results, SA Palette contains natural botanical extracts, vitamins and peptides to stimulate follicle cells to achieve beautiful, healthy lashes, without a prescription.
Apply a single stroke at the base of the upper and lower lash line in the morning and evening. Once desired lash length is achieved, SA Palette can be used 2-3 times a week for maintenance.
The Perfect Spring Handbag:
Lauren Cecchi New York
Lauren Cecchi New York handbags are perfect for the spring/summer season! This chic new handbag line was founded in 2013 and is made completely in New York! The high-quality leather comes from a tannery in Upstate New York and bags and hardware are manufactured right in the heart of the New York City Fashion District.
The Empire Collection is the 1st of Lauren Cecchi designs which have both a sense of sophistication and playfulness to them. The collection consists of three different styles; the Sorella, the Mezzo and the Luxe which are available in a wide range of colors which offers a bag for just about anyone’s style preference.
The Sorella – the smallest bag of the line, with chain straps available in either gold or silver hardware and in colors: black, navy, silver, sand, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew & cantaloupe. SRP $490
The Mezzo – the medium and boxier style with gold or silver chain/hardware and available in all of the same colors as the Sorella style. SRP $690
The Luxe - the name says it all, the largest style with plenty of room for everything, comes with the gold or silver chain/hardware and shoulder straps on chain for extra cushioning when toting around. Available in black, navy, sand and silver. SRP $890
Prep Skin for Spring with Korres
After the long winter we had, and the rapidly rising temps, your skin is in desperate need of TLC! It’s time to bring in the big guns and revive your dull, dry skin with Korres and reveal improved skin texture, radiance and elasticity for spring.
Rejuvenate your skin while you sleep with Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial. The weightless soufflé texture melts instantly into your skin to re-texturize for smooth skin by the morning. Your complexion will look brighter and more luminous as you wake up to take on the day!
Wild Rose Oil: Evens skin tone and repairs fine lines; moisturizes, heals and softens skin while forming a protective layer to improve its texture.
Stabilized Vitamin C: Helps to minimize the appearance of skin discolorations.
Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract: Provides continuous moisturization by regulating the moisture equilibrium of the skin.
A Spritz of Spring with Lavanila
Spring is finally here and summer is just weeks away, but Lavanila’s two fruity fragrances are sure to evoke a fresh spirit every time you spritz!
Introducing a Better BB
Skinn Cosmetics’ New Matte BB Pro
Introducing a better BB from Skinn Cosmetics. The Matte BB Pro will keep you looking fresh and velvet smooth all day. You’re matte to be together.
Matte BB Pro erases shine while targeting oil-prone areas and minimizing the appearance of large pores and fine lines, without drying out your skin. The revolutionary formulation is designed to give your skin a soft focus feel while fighting oil all day.
Combining key ingredients from rice and bamboo to purify your skin, the beauty balm provides long-lasting oil control and reduces sebum production. Topping off the BB blend, green, red and white tea plus Vitamin C and E provide a powerful antioxidant cream to soften, smooth and protect your skin.
Skinn’s better BB allows you to tackle your day without worrying about shine or oils surfacing on your skin. Matte BB Pro, available in light, medium and deep shades, will keep your skin smooth and supple from sunrise to sunset.
Get Buffed - Mio Skincare Double Buff
Get buff and ready for spring with Mio’s Double Buff. Whether you are getting your skin ready for a tropical destination or just pampering yourself at home, this exfoliator will instantly transform dull skin into skin that’s superbly soft, smooth, radiant and dewy.
Mio Double Buff:
• softens and hydrates for skin that feels brand new
• perfects and brightens uneven skin tone
• fine formula that prevents ‘cheap scrub skin damage’
Be Primed and Perfect With Korres!
Primers, which have recently gained popularity, can really help you look your best! The Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer is a skin-perfecting and silicone-free face primer enriched with ultra nourishing Greek yogurt for the smoothest makeup application and long-lasting wear. Paraben and Sulfate free, this primer helps makeup stay put longer by smoothing the surface of the skin.
Recommended for all skin types and ideal for sensitive skin, this incredibly nourishing primer is powered by a Greek yogurt concentrate with two and a half times the protein of regular yogurt. This super-protein is blended into a breathable gel texture that glides onto skin leaving a dewy finish, leaving skin with a perfectly soft, even canvas for the smoothest makeup application and long-lasting wear.
Get Gorgeous Curls this Spring
Beat flat, lifeless hair this spring with these professional heat tools and styling products from John Frieda Styling Tools by Conair and Philip B. Botanicals that create unmatched, beautiful springtime looks. This spring, pin-straight hair takes a backseat to free-flowing, effortlessly chic looks. From voluminous waves to well-defined curls, these cutting-edge products offer professional-grade, styling versatility that consistently deliver flawless, on trend hairstyles that last the whole day through.
||John Frieda® Frizz Ease® Hair Setter by Conair
Featuring five 2-inch titanium ceramic-coated jumbo rollers, this breakthrough hair setter helps you create silky waves for a naturally sensual look. The cutting-edge, professional-grade design uses a true ionic generator to safely distribute heat throughout hair, so there’s no fear of frizz or dull strands.
||Philip B. Oud Royal Mega-Curl Enhancer
A miracle botanical styler thatmakes wavy hair especially pretty and wavy. It also leaves curly hair super soft, glossy and beautifully defined– and easier to control than ever. Super-moisturizing agents tame frizz and leave hair bouncy and shiny for days.
||John Frieda® 1 ½ Inch Frizz Ease® Conical by Conair
Achieve well-defined, frizz-free wavy curls with this premium true ceramic heat styler. With a uniform heat recovery system and 11 digital high heat settings to suit all hair types, the Frizz Ease® Conical is a breakthrough in advanced true ionic technology.
||Philip B. Self Adjusting Hair Spray
A supremely versatile, non-sticky spray that gives you the option of soft, medium or firm hold.
Go mobile with the Ask She She Blog!
This is where She She Girls go to find the latest styles and the hottest trends; where your fashion, beauty and lifestyle questions are answered, and the thoughts, ideas and comments of all She She Girls are encouraged and welcomed!