She She Me Sponsors: Avenue You and Ivy Blue
Summer to Fall: Working the Sales
So far this summer for me has been spent riding in the passenger’s seat of Hubby’s Jeep. Visiting family and friends, attending weddings and baby showers; I feel like I’m ready for a break from the road! At least I’ve had plenty of opportunity to show off my newest purchases and share my recent obsessions far and wide.
After returning from a wedding in Sacramento this past weekend (nails perfectly painted en route thanks to my new Nic’s Sticks, mind you), I was ready for some retail therapy. (Nothing like seeing tables full of gifts to throw you into shopping gear, eh ladies?) I hit the nearest strip mall with my girlfriend Ali only to find that fall was already being ushered in. Just as I was ready to settle into summer! Can’t say I’m surprised, really—you’d think I’d have seasonal changes memorized by now, no?
Now, fall truly is my favorite time of year, what with all the gorgeous new lines by my favorite designers and the wonderful changes in weather. But truth be told, each time the seasons change I do feel a bit overwhelmed. A girl can’t be expected to purchase an entirely new wardrobe four times a year! Especially when travel has completely thrown her off beat (not to mention made an unfriendly dent in her checking account).
Happily, Ali and I discovered a multitude of current and upcoming summer sales, which totally made up for the panic we felt when faced with autumn-y storefronts. Time to think about fall? No prob! Though tropical little sundresses and halter tops may not be the best purchases to make just now, there are plenty of fall-worthy pieces one can find in said summer sales. For instance, the following bits and pieces will easily work into your fall wardrobe:
- All things lace. Inherently feminine, lace always has a place in fall collections. Shop the sales for lacy tops, skirts and dresses; even handbags and shoes! A lacy camisole can be used to accent an unending number of outfit options, and a pretty lace skirt may just be your go-to this coming season.
- Vests! Oh yes, fall loves vests. Look for neutral solids and chic patterns to easily work in with and accent the colors of fall.
- Shoes. Yes, you can still wear your favorite new sky-high gladiators with the chunky heels this autumn (or you can go out and purchase a pair, knowing that you’ll have several months of use ahead of you). Ankle-strap pumps, open and closed toe, are also a welcome extension from summer. Of course, boots always take the cake this time of year, so look for bootie-style sandals in your summer sales but know that you can continue to mix things up with those sassy heels you’ve been eyeing while getting the deal of your dreams.
- Spaghetti strap and tank dresses. Of course, neon shades and tropical patterns won’t ease very well into fall, but more subtle solids and simple patterned spaghetti strap dresses will look smashing when layered over a pretty blouse or under a chic jacket. Just one way to get more wear out of your summer dresses!
- High-waisted skirts. These figure-hugging beauties will ease their way into your fall wardrobe when paired with flattering blouses, jackets, boots and other fall
must-haves. Keep your eyes peeled for rich colors and feminine features, such as lace, ruffles or ruching. Also look for jumper-style skirts which work beautifully with fall blouses.
- Don’t forget makeup! Makeup trends also change with the season, so take advantage of summertime sales to acquire fall shades. Play it safe with earthy tones: rose pinks, burgundies, leafy greens, warm browns and neutrals. When used correctly, some punchy colors, such as lively lavenders and plums or cobalt blues, can really bring out your eyes. Also, brick red lips are always a fall fave. Now is the perfect time for all you Lancôme and Estee Lauder lovers to giddy up—it’s bonus time at the Nordstrom makeup counters! Also, hit up Macy’s for free gifts (with purchase) from Elizabeth Arden, Benefit, Clinique, Prescriptives and more. You’re shopping for makeup anyway, so why not take home some free goodies?
- Now, after all that shopping you really should treat yourself to a little pampering. I've just discovered SpaRitual's newest vegan spa treatment Close Your Eyes bath salts and moisturizing lotion. The mineral bath salts, with Egyptian Geranium, help calm the mind and soothe the body. Afterwards, slather on Close Your Eyes Organic Moisturizing Lotion with Geranium Essential Oil. So many fabulous benefits - not only does it moisturize your delicate skin, but it helps balance you mood, combat fluid retention and fights cellulite!
If you aren’t sure when your fave department stores, boutiques and websites are having sales, sign up for free newsletters to get alerts to these shopping extravaganzas! A favorite new find of mine and the other She She girls is RueLaLa.com, offering access to exclusive online boutique sales.
With so many online shops offering great shipping deals these days, it’s probably cheaper to pay for shipping than pay for gas to drive out to the actual location! Plus, the selection is usually better online. Of course, when it comes to clearance every store offers different fabulous deals, so if you’re out and about you just may happen upon some great buys to skedaddle your way into fall.
Happy sale-ing, ladies! Work those sales like I know you can and do feel free to share your fabulous finds with the rest of us on the She She blog!
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S SPONSORS
She She Me Sponsor:
We at Avenue You know and understand that it is always "All About You." Knowing this we have put together the finest and most exclusive hair, nails, skin, and makeup lines, and brought them together under one website for you to fully learn about and experience.
it's a 10 miracle leave in product: Does 10 Things Instantly:
- Repairs dry, damaged hair.
- Adds shine.
- Smooths & controls frizz.
- Seals & protects hair color.
- Flat iron spray & thermal protector.
- Stops hair breakage.
- Creates silkiness.
- Enhances natural body.
- Prevents split ends.
Available now at Avenue You.
Where it's always all about you!
She She Me Sponsor:
How does a chic and stylish girl stay cool, collected and gorgeously attired when the temperatures climb into the triple digits? Well, this chic and stylish girl heads to Ivy Blue for the latest trends and hottest styles to get me through the heat!
There is nothing quite like a sassy sundress to show off your tan as well as keep you airy and cool. Ivy Blue has a great selection of dresses from today's hottest designers.
Ivy Blue has a great selection of airy tanks in every style from sporty to sexy, lacy to luxe. Pair a great tank with designer denim, sexy shorts or a sassy skirt and you are good to go!
And since Ivy Blue loves She She Me girls, they are offering 20% off any order now through the end of August!
Just enter the code shesheme at checkout!
Product of the Week:
Tarte Complexion Collection
exclusively at Sephora
What it is:
A Sephora.com exclusive collection of Tarte's skinvigorating™ complexion essentials.
What it does:
Unlike products that simply hide the problem, Tarte's skinvigorating™ Complexion Collection includes products that help treat the problem while concealing it. The result? A healthy, glowing complexion--because natural beauty is always in style!
What else you need to know:
This exclusive kit includes Tarte's Clean Slate Primer (1.16 oz), Smooth Operator SPF 20 Foundation (1.17 oz), The Eraser Concealer (0.19 oz), Provocateur Pressed Mineral Powder SPF 8 (0.39 oz), and a glam-on-the-go Kabuki Brush.