January 25, 2008
Check out the new stores and new products in the She She Mall!
She She Me Sponsors: Avenue You and Go Red for Women
2008 Trends: The New and the Fabulous
January is a splendid month. I’ll give you two reasons to back that claim up:
First, it’s the month one of the most fabulously chic women I know was born, meaning gifts of new handbags and shoes and my—I mean her—mother’s über scrumptious signature family chocolate cake.
Second, it’s a time to start fresh and delve into resolutions which includes checking out the year’s new trends.
Can’t believe this groovy month is already winding up! I feel I've hardly had time to let the new year sink in. Realizing this sad fact, I took it upon myself to scour the glossies and chat with my sources to get front and center with the current trend scene.
So what are the hip trends for 2008? We’ll visit a mix of trends from clothes and shoes to beauty products and handbags. Let’s go in order, shall we? No wait, I want to start with shoes! What was I thinking?
New Trends on the Shoe Front
Spring = Sandals. That's a given. Here are some of the season’s fav styles:
- Platforms. Height and style in one classic design.
- Wedges. Look for wedges with leather and/or wood for very earthy, springy shoes.
- Raw beauty in flats. Think back to basics; back to ancient Gladiator style. Thongs are totally basic and totally spring.
- Truth be told, the hottest trends in the shoe front this season are height and color. So be bright, bubbly and stand up tall! (Though the occasional chic flat is happily accepted.)
Clothe Me in Fashion
- Wide leg pants—from jeans to dressier varieties—though even the jeans look dressy with this gorgeous (and comfy) trend.
- Scarves! Thick or thin, but certainly lengthy these babies are making a statement. Plus they’re keeping us toasty warm in the chilly air!
- Accessorize in colorful bangles and bracelets.
- Fitted jackets and shapely tees are great and easier to find this season.
- Pair your colorful little dresses and skirts with a wide belt.
- Word of caution: take care when investing in any sheer clothing! Thought this trend is hitting it big time in 2008 there are more ways to go wrong than right! Sheer can be paired with other pieces like lacy camisoles or can be worn over a springy dress. Also, some pieces have sheer necklines, but don’t cross over into the skank department. Don’t try to pull off any of those nearly-nude catwalk looks!
Kiss and Makeup
- Glitter is back. Watch for glittery trends in eyewear—Urban Decay has some awesome shades.
- Color without caking it on—try Yves Saint Laurent Eye Colour Touch shadow. I’m loving their colorful shades which apply lightly and colorfully. Their Steel Blue shade will give you the easiest smoky eye you’ve ever tried! Great for daytime—an usual twist in the smoky eye trend.
- Expect to see silver and gray nails! Nails trends are hitting both sides of the spectrum—you’ll see über dark purples and blues, as well as bright summery reds and magentas. Check out what OPI has to offer this season!
- Lips are craving color! Look for bright spring/summer shades like cheery pinks, peachy citrus and pomegranate reds. Burt’s Bees has some fab shades, as does L’Oreal.
- Break out the bronzers, ladies. Usher in some color—I know I’m in need of some after this dreary winter! Remember to keep it natural and brush that bronzer along the T of your face (above the brow line and along the nose).
It's in the Bag
- Spiffy carry-on. Surely you have a vacation or two in mind for this coming year and with all the new restrictions in airline travel (along with the woes of lost luggage once you hit your destination), you’ll want to bring a well-stocked and sizable carry-on bag.
- Oversized clutch. The regular and mini-sized clutches just aren’t cutting it. With all our new lipglosses and electronic goodies we need something more sizeable to stuff under our arms.
- Patent and metallic handbags are totally hip and definitely with it. So you’ll be hip and with it if you have one slung over your shoulder.
- Colorful handbags are in, as are neutral colors. It’s more about the texture and style than the color, but feel free to go bright and get a little wild. If you want to be trendy but don’t want to shell out the dough to actually purchase some candy colored bags, check out Bag Borrow or Steal as an awesome and convenient alternative.
- Big ol’ hobo bags are awesome. I sometimes wonder how those teeny tiny women can even keep their balance with an oversized hobo bag tossed over their shoulders. Like Kelly Ripa—how does she not topple over in those 4-inch heels? Pure talent.
That said, I hope you’ll have fun with this season’s newest trends and accessories. Shop happy and smile pretty! Oh, and feel free to share your chic finds or ask for advice on our blog!
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S SPONSORS
She She Me Sponsor:
TS 2 Detailer – 6 inch Miniature Straightening Flat Iron
- Heats to 400 degrees F
- Only 6" long with 1/2" plates
- Features tourmaline/ceramic/ionic - nano technology
- Utilizes wet-to-dry straightening
- For touch-ups, short hair, bangs, roots, finishing, and travel
- 36 month warranty
TS2 Design Group. The perfect blend of form & function introducing the 2nd generation of beauty technology. All TS-2™ items are engineered and designed to utilize ultra modern materials that enhance the styling experience. A New York based design firm, we bring together over 30 years of experience and creativity in the design, marketing and trends of beauty. The energy, culture, fashion and buzz that is NY is our Life. It's ALL in our name. TS-2™. Our focus is on the blend of quality and heat. In concert these elements are the essentials for the perfect styling tools.
: An edgy, sophisticated global line of professional salon styling tools. TS-2™ focuses on the hairdressers needs and desires. With attention to exceptional quality control and extreme heat TS-2™ keeps you ahead of the game. The elite blend of straightening irons, blow dryers, brushes, appliances accessories and combs provide a solid foundation for any stylist to go above and beyond. We challenge you to step up to your potential. Be creative…be professional…be totally straight.
oh yeah…our package rocks too
She She Me supports the American Heart Association
Go Red For Women is a movement passionately dedicated to helping women fight back against heart disease, the No. 1 killer of women in America. By putting our passion together with positive action, we can continue to educate other women about their risks and help them find their own personal path to better health for life.
Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke. Thanks to the participation of millions of people across the country, the color red and the red dress now stand for the ability all women have to improve their heart health and live stronger, longer lives. Show your support on:
National Wear Red Day
Everyone can support the fight against heart disease in women by wearing red on National Wear Red Day: Friday, February 1, 2008.It's a simple, powerful way to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke.
Click Here to take the Go Red Heart Check Up Quiz. This quiz is designed to help women of all ages and backgrounds get the facts they need to partner with their doctors and make smart decisions about their health.
s and Savings for She She Girls in the She She Mall!
Check out the wonderful new stores, new products
and great promotions
currently in the She She Mall.
|Twisted Silver is the imaginative trailblazer of the "convertible jewelry" movement. Belts become necklaces…become chokers… become multi-wrap bracelets! Rare is it to find a piece of jewelry always outside of the box, yet instantaneously fashionable and recognizable. Shop now and receive your free gift with purchase!
New to the She She Mall: ManEater Threads!
Maneater Threads was created from a love of fashion, shopping, and the internet, all combined for the ultimate online boutique experience.
Each season's items are carefully selected to reflect the best of a designer's vision and to mix and match within and across the various lines. She She Girls save 20%. with code SHESHEME.
New to the She She Mall: D J Premium!
D J Premium carries cutting edge fashions for men and women. From designer jeans, dresses and tops to the latest fashions in shoes and accessories, check out the chic styles at D J Premium.
|New to the She She Mall: giggle isn't just a baby store: it's a new parent store. When stocking a nursery, there's a lot to take into account, and the choices can be overwhelming. Our goal is to make your job a whole lot easier—not by offering everything out there, but by offering the best of everything out there. In other words, we've done the homework for you. Our collection includes all your must-have baby items, pre-sorted to include only the most healthy, stylish and innovative products available.
|At B.Dazzled!, we believe the perfect gift is something that is totally unexpected, yet positively practical and always appreciated. Our funky, hip boutique is packed with plenty of ideal choices for any gift-giving occasion. Many come present-ready in beautiful gift packaging. Custom services and orders are also available. Contact us for all your gift-giving needs.
Our 2008 wedding gowns have arrived! Be sure to check out the new bridal gowns and accessories at Stylish Bridal.
The Chic Shop
Introduces ten new notecards! From surprise parties and girly goodies to temptations and talents, from the independent woman to the shoe fanatic, our newest notecards will tickle the fancy and funnybone of every girl.
Check Out Our Special Offers!
Introducing our Special Offers Section for hot deals
on the hottest items this summer! Top designer brands at fabulous savings, just for our dearest She She girls. Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, eLUXURY, Piperlime, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Endless.com, Bluefly, Zappos, Fossil and soooo many more. Discounts and Daily Deals up to 50% Off!