September 28, 2007
If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/sassy.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
She She Me Sponsors: Boden and Boutique 33
Accessorizing for Fall
Since dearest She She and Shop Girl have already filled you in on the hottest trends in fall wardrobe basics, I want to fill you in on the not-so-basics. In other words, we're talking accessories today, ladies! After all, accessories are a girl's best friend. We're here to teach you what to wear and what not to wear, so I'll include a few don'ts here and there.
First things first: why accessorize? (Yes, I heard the very audible gasp from the true fashionistas amongst us). Darling girls, accessories are the yummy buttercream frosting on a luscious triple chocolate cake; and while a triple chocolate cake is indeed, a treat in and of itself, when you add that yummy buttercream frosting and oh, perhaps a maraschino cherry, you have a winner. Food analogies aside, accessories are what separate the fashionista from the wannabe. Step out to dinner in a jewel-tone dress and you are semi-chic. Add a triple-tiered chain necklace, a pair of Jimmy Choo's that would have Carrie Bradshaw salivating and a TDF handbag and you are a total rock star.
I'm a lead-by-example type gal, so to answer this question let's use the example of belts. Traditionally a belt was worn to keep pants on, no? Belts were initially created to keep us from mooning the world every time we bent over. Today, on the other hand, belts are not so much fundamental as ornamental. Oh the many ways to don a belt!
- Sacks to Saks. As in Saks Fifth Avenue. Turn your baggy sack dress into a form flattering beauty simply by cinching the waist with a soft suede belt. In this case, it does more than just accessorize; it actually serves the better purpose of showing off your fabulous curves in an utterly chic way.
- Blah to BAM! Turn your otherwise texture-free tunic and jeans into a real outfit by adding a little texture to the mix via a thick belt worn loosely at the hips. Add a chunky bracelet and you've got all the texture in the world, but in a good way.
- Clutch to Shoulder. That's right, you can even combine accessories to create a new look. Use a thin belt to turn a clutch into a shoulder bag. Do take care to pair the belt and clutch wisely, ladies. The right accessory can make your look.
Getting the idea here? Accessories turn clothes into ensembles. I've compiled some more accessorizing ideas for this fall season. Read on and feel free to send in any of your ideas or quandaries via the She She Blog @ www.shesheblog.com!
Ornamenting the LBD.
So, I was watching an episode of " America 's Next Top Model" and the ladies had a mini-competition to dress up a little black dress (LBD). They were given different accessories including scarves, rings, belts, handbags and more to pull off a great outfit in just one minute. So, playing off that:
Keep accessories simple-choose one or two great pieces to work with your LBD. For example, accessorize with a sexy snakeskin handbag and coordinating shoes, possibly a fabulous drop pendant necklace and you're done. Or for a more sophisticated look, don a gorgeous blush pearl necklace and coordinating ring. Keep it simple and aim for one specific look and feel.
Makeup as Accessories.
Yessiree dolls, the colors you put on your actual skin (and nails) count as accessories! Your lipstick and nail polish really do have an impact on your overall look. So what are the hot trends this fall?
- Eyeshadow: Rich, earthy colors are über hot and really make your eyes pop. Whilst flipping through my newest Allure I discovered what they are calling this fall's best eye pallet: Pop Beauty's Smokey Eyes. It's a kit of 12 absolutely gorgeous colors.
- Lips: Red, red and more red. Deep and sultry or subtly sexy-take your pick. Lipstick, lipgloss or even lip stain with a sheer coat over top. Personal preference, of course.
- Nails: the light, just-buffed look is hot. Nail trends are less colorful and more au natural this season. Back to Ms. Tyra-apparently she is loving neutrals from the Tracey Reese for Sally Hansen collection. If you're dying for some color, go for earthy reds and purples.
Shoes, Shoes, Shoes.
The ultimate accessory and budget killer! Well, some of us have more control of our spending habits while others tend to struggle in the budget department (*cough* She She Me *cough*). Anyhoo, back to shoes. Here are some of this season's fab shoe trends to mix and match and make the perfect outfit.
Alright, babes! Take this advice for what it is-advice-and throw in your own creativity and style expertise to make your fall wardrobe very with it and very you. (I, for one, will be donning one of the oh-so-gorgeous Violet Love headbands from Avenue You.) Enjoy this fabulous
weather! I sense a cold front in the works (*frown*). In the meantime, however, Hubby and I are attending Cirque de Soleil's Corteo! Did I ever mention that I used to perform in Cirque de Soleil? Haha-yeah right! I am very good at watching them perform, however, and simply can't wait for tonight. Gotta love my Goldstar Events updates for alerting me of said event!
- Snakeskin: whether you're on the lookout for pumps, boots or flats you're sure to see some spicy snakeskin in the mix. Totally hot and awesome texture.
- More Animal Prints: Other hot animal prints include zebra and cheetah. All things in moderation, ladies-keep your animals prints strictly on your feet and other small accessories so as not to overwhelm the world by your Jane of the Jungle garb.
- Tall/Riding Boots: Gorgeous, and surprisingly very cute with even taller (and thin) wool or cotton socks. Sounds weird, but I've seen it done successful and I approve-and this coming from the anti-legging herself! Brown and black are your best bets as they are very versatile and essentially timeless.
Kisses (and spins and twirls)!
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
She She Me Sponsor:
Brighten up this fall. Autumn is all about color, and Boden has the hottest shades for your fall fashions. Check out our gorgeous sweaters and stylish tops in a fabulous array of colors.
We also have this season's most sought after knit dresses. Snuggly warm and stylish to boot!
If it's a jacket you're after, be sure to cast an eye at our great fall selection. From the flirty and fun rainyday jacket to a super stylish wool swing coat; and don't forget to check out our great selection of coats and jackets for the little ones !
We also have a great selection of handbags and footwear. Our leather satchel is the perfect everyday bag, and with such a great color selection you may as well get two (or three!) Our suede knee boots are so versatile—wear them with tights and a dress, or slip into a pair with your kicking-around jeans.
Shop Boden today and save!
She She Me Sponsor:
Hand designed, hard to find, one of a kind jewelry. Semi-precious and unique designs.
Boutique 33's Fall 2007 Collection offers neutral pieces, wearable for many seasons such as the one of a kind, April Necklace and Mandy Necklace.
The Gems of the Fall Limited edition collection are the Savannah Necklace and Cameron earrings as seen on Willa Ford!!
New designs added daily! and for all of you sterling lovers check out our "Boutique 33 Rocks" collection!!!
Be sure to register as a customer for our monthly "Win this" drawing, and don't miss our My Space for Celebrity slide shows, press and more!!
Check out our All New Imprintables!
Now you can print your own announcements and invitations, using our chic and stylish imprintable cards. Choose from 26 different styles! Perfect for bridal showers, girl's night out, baby showers, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, bachelorette parties, spa parties, luncheons, barbeques and every possible occasion!
Introducing our Special Offers Section for hot deals
on the hottest items this summer! Top designer brands at fabulous savings, just for our dearest She She girls. Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, eLUXURY, Piperlime, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Endless.com, Bluefly, Zappos, Fossil and soooo many more. Discounts and Daily Deals up to 50% Off!