If you are having trouble viewing this email please visit http://www.shesheme.com/sassy.htm Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure that you continue to receive emails to your inbox.
She She Me Sponsors: Barefoot Tess and Banana Republic
Fabulous Fall Wardrobe Essentials
For the past two years I've gone on and on about my love of autumn. The changing leaves, the cool nights, the brief gusts of winds providing for Marilyn Monroe moments. Oh! And of course the requisite new shoes, divine handbags and wardrobe staples associated with said change of season. Hubby understands; kids get new clothes for school, I get new clothes for fall. What's the diff?
As I scoured my sad looking closet this morning, I developed a mental list of must-have fall staples which would completely liven up my current wardrobe and create the appearance of an entirely new wardrobe without actually overhauling said wardrobe! It's brilliant! So naturally I must share with my girls.
LBD. Yes, as always the little black dress is front and center on my staples list. The versatility of the LBD is endless; ergo, top billing. Three ways to wear your LBD:
- Wear over a short sleeved or elbow length white/ivory button up or puffed sleeve top to work. Very classy, as long as it's not a short short little black dress. Rule of thumb: always stick with knee length where work is concerned.
- Lunch with the girls prefers your LBD to be dressed down with a light jacket or vest over top. Throw on some sassy red flats and a drapey necklace and you'll be set!
- For evening-plain and simple with a few well chosen accessories. Slip into a pair of killer heels and you'll be quite the autumnesque babe.
Riding Boots. My brilliant mother once told me the best wardrobe staple investment she ever made was the purchase of two pairs of riding boots (one black, one brown-naturally). She purchased a classic style of riding boots and they have carried her 15 years to date with many to come. Take note, girlies-mother knows best. Invest in some quality riding boots; you will not be sorry. Three ways to wear your riding boots.
- With a chic pair of crops. Love it. My sister did it last year and I'm totally on the boat this year. Sadly, I was without the paddle (crops) last season.
- With a dress or skirt. Very cute and über chic.
- Whilst riding a horse. Just kidding. Unless of course you happen to ride horses, in which case ride on, you classy little jockey!
- For the horseless, another option is to wear your riding boots with trousers or jeans. Or trouser jeans. Which leads me to my next staple.
Trouser Jeans. So fabulous for essentially every body type. The trouser jean is made of denim but wears like trousers-fit at the top, then loose to the bottom and sometimes flared. Sometimes very flared, which is entirely unfriendly to the vertically challenged club of which I am a card-carrying member. Wear your trouser jeans with:
- Riding boots, as mentioned in the above section. Of course you ought to also wear a fabulous top. I'm not promoting topless daywear, here! And for the chilly evenings, a cashmere sweater.
- A dressy top and/or vest to work. Yes, jeans to work! In a business casual setting; certainly not professional business setting attire (if the men are wearing full suits and ties, you'd better join the procession-sans tie, of course). Wear with a pair of gorgeous textured pumps to add a bit of funk.
- A graphic tee for a day at the zoo/park/mall with the family. If you're a mom, you'll be the cool mom. If you're not a mom, you'll just be cool and casual! Win-win. A pair of cool (such a versatile word) ballet flats finishes the casual look.
Accessories. Accessories are accessories, not staples, but accessories are used to accessorize said staples! One more time just for fun: accessories. Okay, below are some of the hottest pieces you can pick up this season:
Happy fall staples shopping, ladies. Post to us about your success or send us your questions on the She She Blog!
Loving autumn and my girls,
P.S. Be sure to check out the Home Page for updates from She She Me. Also, check out our all new Hot Products in the She She Mall. We are also adding New Stores each week so check back often for updates and fantastic savings! Also, don't miss the great girly merchandise in our Chic Shop.
What better way to celebrate the onset of autumn than a fabulous sale on designer shoes?
Barefoot Tess carries fashionable brands like Jeffrey Campbell, Loeffler Randall, Delman, Chie Mihara, Seychelles and more in sizes 6 through 14.
We invite you to shop for gorgeous fall footwear with an exclusive offer from Barefoot Tess to SheSheMe. Take 15% off your entire order by entering the discount code "shesheme15" at online checkout until September 24th and treat yourself to a guilt-free pair of new shoes to go with your fall wardrobe!
She She Me Sponsor:
For cutting edge fashion at completely affordable prices, check out the great styles at Banana Republic
Need a great sweater to kick off the fall season? Or perhaps a fabulous trench coat? We have fabulous styles and a great selection.
Are you still looking for the perfect little black dress? Darling girls, we have so many styles you will definitely want to choose more than one!
Shop now and kick off fall in style!
Sassy City Chicks San Francisco Fashion Bash Tickets Now On Sale !
Join the Sassy City Chicks on Thursday September 6th from 5pm-10pm for a fabulous night of shopping, spa services, cocktails and DJ-spun music. Enjoy up to 80% off retail prices on designer brand-name jeans, clothing, jewelry, handbags, and more.
Visit www.sassycitychicks.com for more information.
Are you a 34B (or know someone who is?) She She Me has received a plethora of size 34B Hanes All-Over Comfort bras and is giving away a Hanes bra wardrobe to four lucky winners! One lavender, one pink, one baby blue and one in pastel stripes—four fabulous All-Over Comfort bras (She She's fave because the straps stay in place!) in gorgeous pastel shades to make all those fall styles look even more fabulous. Register now for your chance to win!
Introducing our Special Offers Section for hot deals
on the hottest items this summer! Top designer brands at fabulous savings, just for our dearest She She girls. Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, eLUXURY, Piperlime, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Endless.com, Bluefly, Zappos, Fossil and soooo many more. Discounts and Daily Deals up to 50% Off!